Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kimber32 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2006, 01:34 PM
    4month old compaq laptop won't boot
    HI,
    If anyone could help me I would appreciate it. My Compaq Presario V5204NR
    Will not load windows. When I first turn it on, it displays a screen about an inconvience and list a few ways to boot, safe mode being one of them. It will not work from any of them, it starts running windows xp, then keeps going back to that screen again. It has been exactly 4 months to the day I bought it and first ran it. Thanks,
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 25, 2006, 04:49 PM
    It won't even go to safe mode? Try booting to the recovery partition and run a repair. It should be something like pressing F2 during the boot process (before you get to that screen).
    Kimber32 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 12:30 PM
    Thanks for the info. I hit f11 and ran system recovery from the second hard drive. I was trying to avoid that but it was the only thing that worked. I noticed then that the 6 cell battery was completely wiped out and won't hold a charge now. I will upgrade that I suppose.
    All is well for now!
    :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pc won't boot normally [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there! I have a problem with my PC,this is what goes on,after pressing the turn on switch the PC goes through the POST check then after identifiyng the drives it stops and does nothing,HELP!!

Upgrading DVD drive for Compaq laptop [ 5 Answers ]

Anyone tried upgrading Compaq laptop DVD ROM to DVD R/W? I have COMPAQ Presario 2100 which came with DVD ROM attached. I tried opening the bottom cover but I can't lift the cover ajar more than a 1/2 inch. Without opening the case, is there an easy way to take out the DVD ROM and replace it?

Compaq #7462 Won't boot up [ 6 Answers ]

I have an older Compaq desk top. When the trouble started I would be able to boot it up by using the manual on off switch and clicking it on and off several times and it would finally come on ,but now it will not boot up. All that happens is that the indicator light comes on by the on off switch...

Compaq Presario Boot Up? [ 11 Answers ]

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone reading this post Hey folks, I have a compaq Presario 5000. I have windows Xp on it. Last week I loaded xp and everything worked OK. I shut it down and moved it to a desk where I thought it will be more suitable, plugged in the power cord. It came on for...

View more questions Search