Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigbang5 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jan 9, 2011, 01:25 PM
    Gay
    How should I tell my parents that I'm gay?? My parents are orthodox and religious... I'm freaked out... what to do?
    antdt11 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2011, 01:38 PM
    Yes tell tham mybe one of them first, the one who your closest too, you'll fell so much better whatever the outcome time for it to settle in is needed so be patient first reactions arnt always true feelings its just shock. Go for it. Or write them a leter if you can't do it in person.good luck
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 02:16 PM
    Due to posting restrictions on the Adult Sexuality board: How old are you?

Jan 9, 2011, 02:47 PM
    Comment on Cat1864's post
    I'm 23 years old
    jenny448 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2011, 07:37 PM
    Do you have any gay partner who can support you in all odds. If yes tell your parent and if not just find a perfect partner for yourself and then tell your parents.

Edited to remove chat speak.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 07:44 PM

Orthodox as in Russian Orthodox or Orthodox as Orthodox Jew, not that it really makes a large difference

Are you in a gay relationship ? Do you not believe they would know ? Are you living at home ? Do you live in the same town,

What type of relatoinship do you have with them

Jan 9, 2011, 09:02 PM
    Comment on jenny448's post
    Thnks jenny... you are my true friend... :P... ;)

Jan 9, 2011, 09:04 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Welll there is this one guy I'm interested in n he's in me too... we might get into a relationship... they would not know until I tell them... they live in different city...
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 09:26 PM

ARRRRGH!!

No chat speak!

We are in an ADULT forum, and adults can type out the extra two letters in "you" and "are" so that they do not look like they are 14!

Further chat speak WILL be deleted.

Out of curiosity, WHY do you want to come out to your parents at this time? That may have a bearing on what our answers would be. Are you out publicly, just not to your parents?
    RustyFairmount Posts: 165, Reputation: 40

Jan 9, 2011, 10:06 PM
    A totally naïve and slightly rhetorical question: Why do you feel the need to tell your parents that you're gay? I'm hetero. As a young man growing up, I never felt the need to tell my parents that I'm attracted to women. It was my business, not theirs. Why should homosexuals treat their parental relationship any differently? I suggest that you follow your heart, be yourself, wait for people to ask you about your interests, and respond honestly. A close friend of mine called it his "walk-in closet," basically meaning that there's no reason to blab about his orientation, but if people were interested he'd be willing to share.

Jan 10, 2011, 06:46 AM
    Comment on Synnen's post
    Well... m out to couple of my friends...
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2011, 08:01 AM

Hon, you either tell them straight out or you do not. Make a choice, and then don't beat around the bush about it.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2011, 08:08 AM

And stop the chatspeak... spell out the ENTIRE words... you sound like a 14 year old when you do that.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 10, 2011, 08:58 AM

If you cannot stop using chat speak, I will close this thread. Period.

This is your last warning.

Why are you so worried about coming out to your parents right now? You're not even completely out yet!

I think you need to figure out how you are comfortable being publicly gay--especially since you are in another city from your parents--before you worry about telling them anything

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 15 and I think I'm gay. I don't like girls at all. Am I definitely gay? [ 6 Answers ]

I've never said anything about being gay to anyone before. I've never said anything on any sites either. I'm pretty sure I'm gay and feel like I'm ready for a boyfriend but I don't want to come out of the closet as I'm not sure how my family and friends would react. I know I'm young but not sure...

Gay history but don't feel gay [ 11 Answers ]

I had a gay incident as a child, when I was very young with a boy who was obsessed with doing these sorts of things. I feel like I didn't really do anything to make it happen even though I didn't stop it. Even though we were both very young, around 7 or 8. Now however recently all my friends have...

Do I start with my gay friend or my gay friends crush? [ 4 Answers ]

How it happened: Me an my gay best friend Bill(names have been changed) are in the same class as his crush, Dave a feminine guy that everyone likes. He's funny an the perfect guy bill has been waiting for(he tells me but I've heard it before:rolleyes: ) and when bill gets giddy I get giddy. ...

My gay friends tell me my new love interest is gay [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone. Im new to this service. I am a 32 year old female, who has been dating a 26 year old guy for about 2 months. I met him about a year ago, and up until 2 months ago, really only hung out with him with our other friends. We both knew there was something there, had not had the...

My family thinks that being gay is wrong and I'm gay! [ 5 Answers ]

K well I'm gay and my family thinks that being gay is wrong.They want me to get married to someone who is also portuguese or french and start a family.I told my auntie and she was fine with it but she was worried something was going to happen to me.I want to tell my grandma who I absoulutly love...

View more questions Search