Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lkliebert Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Shower Wall Problems
    My husband and I just bought a new house and the master bathroom shower wall is bulging out to where the previous owner put a screw through the center to hold it to the wall. We don't know if water got behind the wall and the instalation in bulging or what. We are planning to rip the shower walls down and put a tile shower up. I guess my question is what is that going to intale? Roughly, what are the steps? Can my husband and I do it ourselves, and if not who can?
    dclynch Posts: 202, Reputation: 19

Jan 12, 2007, 02:34 PM
    You should go to the John Bridge forums. They have very complete shower directions posted and a lively and expert message board on tiling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mold behind wall in Shower.. [ 3 Answers ]

We bought a upper townhouse 2 years ago. The onsuite has a shower. It is tiled on the floor and walls, with a glass door that opens up. There is also a 6 inch step to get into it. When we bought it looked liked clean and there was relatively fresh cauking all around the shower. We have always...

Glass block shower wall [ 2 Answers ]

I had a free standing glass block shower wall installed using a block pattern that does not come with end cap blocks. Currently it has the very un-attractive PVC frame. What are my options for hiding this to enhance the beauty of the glass blocks? There does not seem to be any options with the...

Shower Base secure against wall stud? [ 1 Answers ]

Well, I was just thinking, since I recently learned that the manufacturer's instructions for shower installation is total garbage; I am worried that maybe some other stuff I should double check. Should I secure my shower base against the studs in the wall? My shower is neo-angle with a...

Shim out a shower wall [ 1 Answers ]

(I realize this is not exactly a plumbing question, but perhaps someone here has dealt with this issue.) I'm installing a Kohler Symbio shower receptor (a corner installation). The directions say to shim out the studs next to the receptor one-quarter inch to allow the cement board to overlap...

Shower Leaks to Outside Stucco Wall [ 3 Answers ]

I have been reading the forums regarding leaky shower drain in a fiberglass enclosure and PVC drain pipe with much interest. My problem is that after a lengthy shower the stucco on the outside wall below my second floor shower gets damp and moisture appears to run out of an outside light...

View more questions Search