Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Reaper317 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2011, 02:20 PM
    Wrongful use of Cocaine
    I was special court martialed for Wrongful use of cocaine and was convicted of wrongful use of cocaine is it a felony?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 5, 2011, 02:21 PM
    Well yes as it's an illegal drug, but it sounds like a military action.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2011, 03:19 PM

Hello R:

If the punishment you COULD have received exceeded ONE year, then it was a felony, whether that WAS the punishment you received.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 5, 2011, 06:45 PM

Is there a legal use ?

But yes, this was though the military, but with the little info you have provided it should be a felony
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jan 5, 2011, 07:18 PM

Wrongful use of cocaine? Is there a right way to use it? Hmmm...

Jan 10, 2011, 09:06 AM
    D

Jan 10, 2011, 09:17 AM
    Actually there is a rightful use to use cocaine only as an undercover agent. I was told by my lawyer that it was a misdemeanor and I also applied for a job with a criminal background check and got hired. I did not put down I had a felony because I was told by my lawyer that it was my decision to put down my criminal history since it was a military offense. Also Wrongful use is not the same as possession. Not even CLOSE. This is how it happened I was 17 at the time I joined the air force graduated boot camp and was sent to medical school. I was 17 away from parents for the first time and in the air force felt like the top of the world. One night one of my roommates took out a little bag of coke and long story short I was stupid enough to take a few lines. Two weeks later my friend told his girlfriend and her being a model airman told on us and we got pee tested. Both of us where clean yet they interrogated us and we told on ourselves. I was young and ruined my career because of it. I have paid for what I did. I'm just looking for an answer if it's a felony or not many sources say it is but the other half say its not?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2011, 09:27 AM

Hello again, R:

I was in the Navy at 17 too. Like you, I made some bad choices... You can overcome them, and live a good life.

I don't know IF there's a definitive answer to your question, because the comparison is like apples and oranges... Therefore, since in my view, the issue is clouded, you're going to have to make your own determination as to how you're going to respond to questions about your background. In so doing, you'll have to accept the possibility that those reviewing your background might not make the same distinctions you did. If so, you'll suffer the consequences. All that means, in the final analysis, is that you have to work a little harder than a guy who doesn't have your background...

Ok, then that's what you do.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cocaine possession in GA [ 1 Answers ]

My son was recently pulled over, Clayton Co. GA, and theire was less than an ounce of marijuana and 8.7 grams of cocaine along with sandwich bags and a scale. The street value according to police of the drugs were roughly $450.00. He was charged with possession, sale and intent to distribute. He...

Cocaine addiction [ 1 Answers ]

I need profissional help can somebody tell me what's the fist step

Cocaine addiction [ 6 Answers ]

My friend is an admitted cocaine addict. We have discussed therapy. However I would appreciate advice on my personal approach. I am not sure if I should be disaproving and angry (I don't feel either , just concern) or is a non judgemental approach more supportive How can I help them

Spouse and cocaine use [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I suspect my husband of light cocaine use and want to know what rights I have as far as my children are concerned if we pursue divorce.

Cocaine [ 2 Answers ]

Are there user benefits from the drug crack cocaine? All information would be helpful.

View more questions Search