Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shannonbrittney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Spouse and cocaine use
    Hello, I suspect my husband of light cocaine use and want to know what rights I have as far as my children are concerned if we pursue divorce.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2007, 02:31 PM
    From everything I have seen, the Judge would probably grant joint custody unless you can prove his drug use has a direct effect on the kids. I know many drug addicts that raise kids and the Judges don't seem to take it into consideration unless they can be proven to be an unfit parent.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 31, 2007, 03:41 PM
    Yes, first you will even have to prove in court that he uses, you will have to have enough evidence for the courts to order drug testing.

Next you will have to show that he is a threat to the kids, his life style, and so on. It will be a hard and expensive fight. Your first step is to hire an attorney, file for a divorce and child custody

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cocaine and drug testing [ 8 Answers ]

How long do it take for cocaine to leave your system and to successfully pass a drub test

Crack cocaine and teeth [ 8 Answers ]

I was wondering what are the effects of crack cocaine and teeth? What does it do? I have heard that when smoking crack, it turns your teeth grey or even black. Is this true and if it is, are there any sites that have pictures of teeth that have been exposed to cronic crack smoke? Please...

Effects of Crack Cocaine [ 5 Answers ]

I need to know about crack cocaine and the effects it has when children are expose to the smoke for any amount of time. I am in a court case and the people I am against are trying to take my daughter away from me by accusing me of using crack cocaine while I was holding her. She is 15 months old...

Passive exposure to crack cocaine [ 2 Answers ]

A family member is suing for custody of his children because their mother is a crack cocaine user. He is sure that she has smoked with the youngest child in her presence and in their house when he is away at work. He willingly took a drug test when the court ordered her to take one (Both hair and...

Cocaine [ 2 Answers ]

Are there user benefits from the drug crack cocaine? All information would be helpful.

View more questions Search