Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adoptapet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2010, 09:01 PM
    Lack of intimacy?My partner is a romantic. I am not. We have been together for thirty
    We have had many conversations about our problem. Once we talk everything is good for a few months but then I go back to my bad habits and I forget about our love making. I have also read some self-help books to no avail. Please help me. I want to be a loving partner and take on my responsibility by initiating sex. Please give me some suggestions.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 27, 2010, 10:58 PM

You don't have to be romantic to pay attention to your partner. Was that 30 years you have been together??
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2010, 08:17 AM

I am not trying to make lite of situation, but if you are not a real romantic person and get into a routine and just basically forget, then why not just get a personal size calendar and mark down a romantic idea that you can do for your partner on that date. Keep doing this until you get into a routine. Just a simple idea. Good luck
    bestbessie Posts: 45, Reputation: 10

Dec 29, 2010, 08:41 PM
    Romance and sexual feelings are sometime not the same thing! Romantic actions can be all sorts of things, anything that lets someone know you are thinking about them, making their favourite meal, playing a board game together by candlelight, having a bath.

If sexual contact is the issue and you are not naturally affectionate or sexual, it is worth trying to 'build the bridge' back to each other.

It needs to start with an acceptance from both that any touching does not mean that sex has been initiated. If it happens, great but it can put too much pressure on the other if it's not clearly understood that there is also a possibility it won't lead to sex. By building a bridge I mean getting used to simply touching again, scratching their back, neck rubs, holding hands.

This can be such a difficult issue for men. I listened to a radio show the other day where the sex therapist spoke about the painful longing a man had for his wife, how he avoided seeing her in the shower because he wanted her so badly and she was so clear he was not to touch her. The therapist was Bettina Arndt and she has written books which are precisely about this issue! Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lack of Intimacy in Marriage [ 11 Answers ]

I have been married for about 4 years now. I can honestly say my husband puts me first and genuinely loves me; we enjoy each other. However, my husband has a medical condition in which he has to take an injection in order to become erect. Any type of pill makes him sick. I had been well aware...

Lack of emotional intimacy is tearing me apart [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I were best friends in collage and married after we graduated. We’ve been married for three years and have been together for six. He is 26 and I am 24. I’ll be straight to the point. According to the triangle of love we have a fatuous relationship. That means we have passion and...

Lack of money, lack of job, banging my head against a brick wall it seems. [ 8 Answers ]

OK, this has been going on for over 6 months now and I need for it to end... ive not done anything and neither has he, but I am finding it very hard to get a job, the last job I had six months ago was temp,they let me go after a month being there. I have been trying hard to get work, as of yet its...

Lack of Intimacy in Two-year Relationship [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, and first of all, I’d like to thank anyone who has taken the time to read or answer to this post. I am incredibly appreciative. My problem is as such: I have been dating a woman for the last two years. We’re both the same age (I just graduated college last year), and have been living...

View more questions Search