Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leigha164 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2010, 06:54 AM
    What do I do if I want a room mate out, but she is on the leese?
    I have a roommate and she is on the leese and we agreed to pay the untilities 3 ways and she hasn't paid nnon of the untilities so I want her out so what do I do?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2010, 08:35 AM

Hello l:

If you are roommates, and you are, you can't put her out.. You CAN sue her for what she owes you in small claims court, though.

excon
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 20, 2010, 09:07 AM
    Utilities not in a lease are not the landlord's concern, so this is among the 3 of you. You 2 payers need to sit her down (maybe over a nice meal) and make her realize the importance of this, and that you can't foot the bill.
    Measures you can take are paying only your thirds until utilities are cut off (a threat but not a wise one), suing her in small claims, getting the landlord to not renew her at end of term. That's about it!
    I suppose the 2 of you paying could deprive her of your common possessions such as TVs and dishes or furniture somehow. But try not to let it get ugly. Use reason as long as you can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Room mate eviction [ 1 Answers ]

Attached is a copy of a proposition given to room mate to address past issues w/c room mate in question agreed to... APRIL 01, 2008 Room mate was presented this and refused to sign but agreed verbally. In addition room mate offered to pay 950/month instead of what was offered. I lease holder...

Tenant vs. Room mate [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I rented a apartment and have recently separated. The rental agreement is in my name only and all rent receipts are in my name. She refuses to leave the apartment. She does not pay any of the rent. I continue to pay the rent and have not taken my name off the agreement. I want her...

Room-mate [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend who has a roommate who is trying to kick him out but he paid for the time he was to stay there. The think is he is not on the lease what can he do because they had a verible agreement.

View more questions Search