Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiffanyd03 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 09:49 AM
    I have a friend who has a roommate who is trying to kick him out but he paid for the time he was to stay there. The think is he is not on the lease what can he do because they had a verible agreement.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffanyd03
    i have a friend who has a roommate who is trying to kick him out but he paid for the time he was to stay there. the think is he is not on the lease waht can he do because they had a verible agreement.

He is a tenant and has to be evicted according to the laws of your State.

(You added this to an old thread; I've asked that it be moved to its own thread.)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 13, 2008, 11:32 AM
    Your friend is considered a periodic tenant. Meaning he is month to month or week to week depending on how often he pays rent. This means the roommate can terminate the tenancy with notice equal to one rental period. However, if your friend has paid in advance, he can't be evicted before the time he's paid for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Room mate playing activist [ 2 Answers ]

My roommate is playing activist and bringing a petition of tenants together to make a change in the building. He posted letters in elevators and throughout mentioning issues that he is sick and tired of having a "slum" landlord and that he wants changes. He announced that he has contacted a law...

My room mate left before the lease was up [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in Mo. My roommate and I both signed the lease on our apartment last May. She left in November and promised to pay her half of the rent to the end of the lease. She hasn't. The landlord wants her half of the rent now. Paid in full. If I pay it, can I sue the roommate for what I had to pay...

Room mate not on lease [ 1 Answers ]

Landlord W rents to tenants A and T. Today W got a call from A saying that she wants help getting someone out of their (rented) house. Co-tenant T told friend R he could live there for a while. A thought it would be just a few days. Now R has been there for weeks, messing up the house, paying...

View more questions Search