Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HamzaNadeem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2010, 11:54 AM
    Inheritance
    Assalam aleikum
    Sir my question is that what if a person legally distributes all his wealth and estates before his death. Are there any restrictions in that regard.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 18, 2010, 01:08 PM
    What country?
    In the US, distribution while alive is not an inheritance, and is taxed as gifts for any value over the allowed gift amount in a calendar year, regardless of what the relationship is of anyone other than a spouse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

California inheritance law are children of incest entitled to inheritance ? [ 8 Answers ]

A man impregnates his daughter then unsuccessfully tries to kill his wife before committing suicide. The daughter has a child,and the wifecontinues the relationship which set off the event,and lives in the original house with the new husband.Other property owned by the deceased is presumably placed...

Getting my inheritance [ 3 Answers ]

My mom died and I had to move in with my sister she works as a bus driver she has 2 girl and me and my brother now and I got to wake up every day not always food in the house don't really get anything you want had to make her kitchen into a kitchen/living room and me and my brother share the old...

Do I have an inheritance? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find out if I was named as a beneficiary on an insurance policy?

Inheritance from outside the US [ 2 Answers ]

My father was a UK citizen and lived all his life in the UK. I am a US resident. He recently died and under the terms of his will, I am to receive an inheritance in excess of $100,000. If the money is transferred into my US bank account, does that become taxable income?

Inheritance [ 4 Answers ]

My husband's grandmother past away over 3 months ago and we are still awaiting the inheritance for him and our children. The lawyer is giving us quite a run-around, and we don't have the best relationship with his other family members. How long does it typically take to receive a check when it is...

View more questions Search