Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sistamyra Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2009, 07:42 AM
    Do I have an inheritance?
    How do I find out if I was named as a beneficiary on an insurance policy?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 19, 2009, 07:44 AM

Ask the executor of the estate or contact the insurance company directly - the company will tell you if you are a beneficiary. If you are not, they will not release the info.

If the person who owns the policy is alive, you cannot find out unless he/she tells you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inheritance [ 7 Answers ]

My father passed away and I am inheriting a large amount of money. I am married and live in California and want to know if this will be community property or is it exclusively mine?

Inheritance law [ 1 Answers ]

The decedent died 10/12/2004/ in New York without Will. The decedent was not survived by spouse, issue, parents, brothers or sisters or their issue, or grandparents, except cousin (1) he's alive. The decedent had cousin (2) who died 02/05/2004/. Cousin (2) 's daughter died 03/10/2002. May son of...

Inheritance tax [ 2 Answers ]

My mother died in 1995. My father continued to live in their house and nothing was done about inheritance. In 2005 Hurricane Katrina damaged the house pretty bad. At the time of my mother's death, the house was probably worth about $150,00. After the hurricane, he sold it for $50,000. I have one...

Inheritance Tax [ 1 Answers ]

Does an american citizen have to pay inheritance tax on $50K inherited from a deceased parent in Israel?

Inheritance tax [ 1 Answers ]

Recently, my wife's parent died and left among other thing an IRA in the amount of ~ $400,000 to be divided between 4 daughters. My question is about personal tax liabilities. Since this is an IRA and the original holder was > 70.5 years of age we were told the distribution needs to continue. ...

View more questions Search