Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alyse015 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2010, 05:57 PM
    Why won't he ask me out!
    So I'm a sophomore in college and I met this guy at a party because we have mutual friends. He was very nice and a gentleman and asked for my number. This was almost 2 months ago. Since then, we pretty much hang out every Friday night either with that same group of friends, or at his place with his friends. He always pays me plenty of attention and Im pretty sure he is flirting with me (giving me lots of hugs and picking on me, Old school I know :)) But this guy has yet to ask me out, kiss me, or ask to hang out without all of his friends. We are pretty good friends now and I love spending time with him and I think about him more than I should be. I am not one of those girls who has some rule about refusing to be the one to make the first move but Im scared to ask him about it because I get the weird vibe that he has a girlfriend back home. He has a picture of some girl on his fridge and when I asked him who it was, he said a very good friend (he was tipsy). I asked his best guy friend about whether he had a girlfriend and he said he was pretty sure that he didn't. So why the heck won't he ask me out! Maybe Im not flirting enough? I think its pretty obvious that I do. Help!
    Andrew916 Posts: 182, Reputation: 33

Dec 4, 2010, 08:08 PM
    Ask him if he has a girlfriend. That'll be more than enough of a hint :) and worst case scenario he says he does and you guys will still be friends. I doubt it'll change anything between you guys. One of you has to be a little more straight forward and if he's like most of the guys I know (me included) he has a horrible time reading women haha. I think most guys would appreciate it if girls were a little more straightforward :p Good luck!

-Drew
    Owwg121 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2010, 07:24 PM
    I think your friend is just a little shy around you still, so he might get very nervous when alone with you, and is nervous about asking you out because he thinks it might ruin your friendship, but its not weird to make the first move, because he obviously likes you a lot.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Dec 7, 2010, 07:27 PM

Sounds like he's just being friendly and since you're interested in him, your interpreting his signs as thinking that he might interested in you as well.

I would say, if you want something to happen, then make your move. It's the 21st century after all.

Lastly, if you want to know the truth about whether he has a girlfriend, then just ask him directly. You said it yourself, you're pretty good friends, then how come you don't even know whether he has a girlfriend?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 19, 2010, 07:09 PM

Maybe he is having fun checking you out, and its his way to take his time. What's your hurry? Have fun, and see what happens. You are having fun aren't you??

And there is nothing wrong finding out if he is available or not, for more than hanging out. It is college, and why should a guy be in a hurry when there are so many options, and opportunities, out there. For you too!

Go with the flow why don't you. You are single you know, so don't get to hooked on just one guy right yet!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Saturn won't start, power locks won't work, radio resets itself. [ 4 Answers ]

My 99 Saturn has had some starting problems in the past. It would sometimes not start but if you let it sit from anywhere from 45 minutes to 24 hours, it would eventually start. Or, after having Dad look at it, we could tap the starter and it would work. So we thought it was the starter. I...

Dishwasher won't start, water in bottom, won't turn on at all, lights don't go on, [ 0 Answers ]

Dishwasher is a kenmore ultra wash, won't turn on, stopped before cycle was finished, water in bottom, can't get it to turn on to drain, no lights no nothing, have tried other plugs,nothing

Tenant won't pay rent, won't move furniture out and won't answer calls from me! [ 4 Answers ]

I have a tenant who won't pay rent, won't move furniture out and won't take calls from me. They do not use the house as a primary residence. They are very wealthy and definitely have the means to pay. Just incredibly evasive and dismissive. Dotn know where to turn. Someone please help! I cannot...

Carrier Heater won't shut off! Blows only cool air. Heat won't work! [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what I can do? My carrier heater is only 2 years old. As of yesterday the heater unit wouldn't shut off and when I turn the heat up it just keeps blowing cool air. I heard I can trip a breaker switch. Is that the electrical switch in the garage or on the heater itself? Please let...

Kenmore he4 panel won't work and dryer won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have had the circuit board/panel replaced once on my he4. I had only 2 weeks left on the warranty and figured it should be OK once it was fixed. They wanted another $200 to renew the warranty! Didn't have the $$ at the time. Anyway, the same darn thing is happening... you have to push the buttons...

View more questions Search