Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    softballchica02 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2010, 03:44 PM
    I like this guy but he's shy, help? Please?
    Okay, I'm a freshie and I like this guy in my biology class. I sometimes catch him starring at me during class or lunch but when I look at him he quickly looks away. He hardly talks to anyone he just wanders around with groups of friends but he doesn't talk he just listens I guess. I really really like him and I don't know why, ugh its hard to explain. He is also smart so I try to get him to help me during class but he just answers and then that's the end of the conversation. I've looked at a lot of different websites (it makesme feel like a stalker) but I can't figure him out and it is driving me insane. I really need some help from somebody, please?
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2010, 04:13 PM

He is probably thinking same thing! If he is shy like you said, then he might not know how to approach you. Next time you catch him looking at you--just smile then wink and look away. If you ask him for help on question, tell him thank you and how impressed you are with his way on explaining things--then smile and walk away. Good luck
    Andrew916 Posts: 182, Reputation: 33

Nov 30, 2010, 05:04 PM
    I was that way in high school with girls. I was as shy as can be and had no confidence to approach girls. I'm sure if you take Answerme_tender's approach he'll talk to you more or at least get the hint. If a girl would have done that for me in high school I would have thanked God haha. To me his shyness indicates that he probably likes you too. Just be a little more forward and I'm sure he'll appreciate it!
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Nov 30, 2010, 05:18 PM

You could also ask him other questions that don't have to do with your class. Or ask to sit with him during lunch. Just try to make the conversation light.

He might feel the same way you do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Shy Guy [ 3 Answers ]

I just got my first boyfriend (YAY!! ) and today I just figured out he's shy about showing affection in public. I kind of am too, but I don't mind hugging (which is ALL we do, but works for me!) in public. He's such a sweet guy and is one of best friends, but without a hug to get me through the day...

Right so I'm a shy guy. [ 8 Answers ]

Right so Im a shy guy. I'm 19, I've never been in a relationship, never kissed a girl,my shyness always gets in the way. I've got a small group of friends I've had to work hard to build and I'm working on becoming more extrovert but its taking time. Well here's the story. I met this girl when I...

Shy Guy. [ 3 Answers ]

I really like my boyfriend but the problem is he's really shy! I hate shy guys but for some reason I like him. Today was our first kiss and he never hugs me, only when we have to (people tell us to) and to day we weren't forced to kiss but I made a promise and I want him to love me like to hug me...

What to do with a shy guy! [ 6 Answers ]

So this guy I like ( we are just friends, NOT dating, but he knows I like him) is giving weird mixed signals and keeps on acting hot/cold. I believe he's a little (alot) shy... (yes or he could be completely disinterested... ) but my question here is: How have people dealt with shy guys in the...

Shy guy. [ 3 Answers ]

So there's this guy (who I don't know very well and have never talked to). He used to do little things to get my attention (or so it seemed) and I always tried to pretend like I didn't notice. When I "wasn't" looking at him, I could see him out of the corner of my eye checking me out (like a head...

View more questions Search