Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Juneop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2010, 04:17 AM
    Insecure in relationship
    I've been in a very happy, committed relationship for 5 months now. He has become my best friend and I've never been happier than I am with him. I have been hurt in the past, but this time it just feels right and for once I think I am ready to let someone in to my life and love them fully. Recently I saw a whole folder on his computer full of photographs of him and a previous girlfriend though (kissing and holding each other). Maybe I am being irrational but, I wanted to know if this is normal? Does this mean he still holds a flame for her? Or am I worrying for nothing? I know we all need memories of the past but is 40 photographs too much? Would you have deleted the photographs if you were in the same situation? I know I would... and have. If so, does this mean he isn't as serious about our relationship as he has said he is? This is all probably silly but any help would be appreciated. I don't want to be hurt again.
    awayandalone Posts: 92, Reputation: 32

Nov 29, 2010, 05:16 AM
    Hi juneop,

Personally I would not worry about it. My last girlfriend and I both had pictures we kept of our previous exs. We dated happily for 2 years. If it's a problem for you maybe ask him kindly if he would put them on an external hard drive or flash drive where they aren't directly accessible on his computer. They are his memories and he is entitled to keep them.
    I have pictures of my most recent ex and the one before her, id hope who I ever I meet next is accepting that I have them on an external hard drive. They are just memories and ones id like to remember fondly some day when I'm older. Doesn't mean id give any less love to the person I'm with and I don't think your boyfriend will either.
    Talk to him about your concerns, communication does wonders in a relationship.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 29, 2010, 09:38 AM

Expecting him to delete his past after only 5 months with you is over the top, and a bit much, but putting his memories, and momentos of happy times away for now is reasonable.

No I don't think you should be worried about what he did before he met you, or who he did it with. You should be enjoying getting to know each other, not worrying about the past.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2010, 09:57 AM

Juneop,

I wouldn't be concerned about any pictures of past girlfriends. Remember there are ex's for a reason. He may never get rid of them, they are his memories. Showing any type of jealousy at this stage of your relationship will only hender it. Good luck
    Andrew916 Posts: 182, Reputation: 33

Nov 30, 2010, 01:58 AM
    I don't think its anything to worry about. I have a folder like it on my computer I call 'Ghosts of girlfriends past' haha it means nothing to me but I just don't like deleting photos personally and I forget I even have it until I see it (or reminded of it). I'm head over heels in love with my girlfriend that I have now. I have absolutely no feeling for my ex's. I'm not even remotely attracted to them physically anymore. So take it from someone who has one, it's meaningless. Just an object of the past like a sweater or a shirt.

-Drew

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insecure in new relationship [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My name is Steve. I am currently in a fairly new (about 2 weeks) relationship, and I'm having some issues that I think are related to my past relationship. I got out of a 3 year relationship about 6-8 months ago (she dumped me). That particular breakup came out of nowhere for me, and...

I'm an insecure boyfriend, and don't want to hurt my girlfriend. Jelous and insecure [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, thanks for coming to help out. I don't want to go on a whole large rant, but I do want to make sure that anyone reading this truly gets what I am talking about. My name is Kevin and I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for a little over a year now. I met her in High school and...

Insecure in Relationship [ 22 Answers ]

Entire story merged I have been dating the most wonderful man for about the last 6 weeks, the problem I have though is that I feel scared and insecure in this relationship. Scared of getting hurt (and its been over 5 years since my last proper relationship) but he tells me he wants to be with...

What to doI have a feeling my love relationship looks insecure [ 1 Answers ]

I met this boy about three months ago; we work for the same organization in the same office. He used to want to kiss, cuddle, hug, fool around and tell me nice sweet comments. But now I am not really sure he loves me…Well last month was his birth day and we went out for dinner and he got a call...

View more questions Search