Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    breeb183 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2010, 10:55 PM
    Parents divorced.live with mom.She has no will.If she died,can I choose where to go
    I'm 13.My parents are divorced.My mom has full custody of me.She does not have a Will written out yet.If she dies while I'm still 13 or even 14 can I choose where I live or do I have to go with my father?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 28, 2010, 05:50 AM

So long as the father has legal rights to you then you will be with him.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 28, 2010, 07:12 AM

You have no choice of which parent to live with until you are 18. Until then the courts make this choice for you. Some courts will listen to your preferences but they will still make the decision based on what they fell is your best interests.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 28, 2010, 07:47 AM

Agreed, you have no choice, the courts will decide who you are to live with, if the father has his rights, and wants you, that is normally where you will go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I choose if I want to live with mom or dad at the age of 16 [ 17 Answers ]

I am 16 and I use to live with my mom put I moved in with my dad for not long at all. Well some how he got custody of me he said it was so I could start school but he and his lawyer tricked me into but my name on some paper. So know he is saying her has custody of me but my mom never went to court...

My dad died with a will then about a year later my mom died and had dementia [ 16 Answers ]

Is my dads will legal and binding because its what he wanted and my mom wasn't able to make one for herself

Can a 17 year old choose to live with another relative other than their parents [ 7 Answers ]

My friend is having family promblems at home & is on probation so what ever he/she does his/her parents call the probation officer and tries to get get them pu tin jail but in reality they aren't doing anything wrong and is only on probation because if you fight in our school they press charges....

Divorced/non-divorced parents college tuition responsibilities in Indiana [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Indiana. I have a friend who is divorced. It is in his divorce documents to share in paying for his children's college education, but it is in there because his lawyer told him there is a state law in Indiana that requires parents (divorced and non-divorced) to pay for their children's...

Divorced parents [ 3 Answers ]

My husband's daughter is getting married. Her mother is not married, but living with someone. At the wedding the daughter would like her mom and dad to dance together. Is this proper etiquette. My husband wanted me to find out the correct procedure. Thank you

View more questions Search