Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gybeka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2010, 07:13 PM
    Is a stink bug bite or spray in the eye harmful?
    I went to the doctors today after the side of my face started to swell. He gave me a cortisone shot, Benadryl and a saline eye wash. I'm nervous that there may be dangerous side effects that the doctor is unaware of. My eye is now black and blue, welted and burns. I live in GA and we have been recently invaded by these stink bugs. Has anyone been sprayed or bitten in the eye by a stink bug before?
    alskdj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2010, 02:51 AM
    Assassin Bug is the closest to a stink bug look it up which DO BITE, stink bugs don't
    amand Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2011, 04:37 PM
    Welllllllllllll last night I was asleep and was suddenly in horrible, burning, almost like a pinch pain on my eye. I'm not exactly sure what it was. My eye was watering ridiculously, and I remember smelling a stink bug. I was too tired to get up and check, and I also have no clue how a stink bug could spray in my eye while I was asleep... this morning I woke up and my eye was swelled and had a little pocket/bubble under it. However the swelling went down aafter a few hours, and the area is still sensitive. Can you describe how your eye felt?
    starphlo123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2012, 08:29 PM
    Tonight I put a pair of binoculars to my eyes and started smelling one of the bast**. Then my eye started to burn. I washed it out with some lukewarm water and it is okay now. Like many things, I suppose some people could be more sensitive than others.
    HHnmJLO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2012, 09:50 AM
    I had a stink bug eye incident last night. At 4am I was startled awake by a burning pinching pain in the corner of my right eye. I started immediately rubbing it, then smelled the stink of the offender. When I turned on the light, sure enough there it was crawling off my pillow. 8 hours later my eye is still sore and slightly swollen. I don't know if I got bit or it was just the insect's defensive spray that caused the irritation.
    heritage99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2012, 05:49 AM
    We were on our evening walk last night and I had a "stink bug" fly right into my left eye. It hit hard - dead on. I could immediately smell it and it started burning really badly in an instant. We were walking out on the "back 40", so it was about 30 minutes before I could get to a sink and wash my eye. I walked back with my hand covering my eye as it burned too much to open. This morning it is a bit sore - but more around the outside of my eye and I think primarily from the impact versus the "stink stuff". I'm posting as I laughed to myself when I googled it (to be sure I shouldn't be worried about the chemical in the "stink") to find so many other people have had the same thing happen. I was thinking... this would only happen to me. NOT!
    So far so good... no longer term effects. Just annoying!
    ms-megankehl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 09:13 AM
    Sooo is it harmful or no cause my eye is.on fire and no money to go to le doctor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stink Bug Bite [ 58 Answers ]

My daughter was bitten by a stink bug. The bug was between her sock and skin. When she tried to get it out, she said it bit her. It also got squashed under the sock, next to her skin. It's bite/affected area is reddish orange and about the size of a dime. It hurts and is tender, but does not...

Bug Bite/Rash? [ 1 Answers ]

Late last week my roommate was complaining about a spot in his back hurting, I kept checking, but nothing was there, yet, when I ran my fingers over and pressed a certain area he said it hurt. Sunday a rash appeared in that spot that looks like poison ivy, but he hasn't been around any and it...

A new bug bite? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello :) ill try to give as much info as I can. I was getting undressed last night for bed. When I found a bug bite. It was right on one of my... ahem... chest... (sorry :o ) It is a welp. And as soon as I took my shirt and bra off, it started to itch and HURT badly as if it was a fire...

Bug bite? Or should I be concerned? [ 6 Answers ]

My daughters right hand is noticeably swollen and slightly warm (though not hot). We don't have poisonous spiders/bugs up here, so I'm wondering if I should be more concerned. She woke up with it that way this morning and I gave her benedryl and it has not improved... I attached a...

View more questions Search