Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ConfusedInAK Posts: 184, Reputation: 16

Sep 5, 2008, 04:32 PM
    Bug bite? Or should I be concerned?
    My daughters right hand is noticeably swollen and slightly warm (though not hot).

We don't have poisonous spiders/bugs up here, so I'm wondering if I should be more concerned.

She woke up with it that way this morning and I gave her benedryl and it has not improved...

I attached a picture... (yeah the pen on the other hand happened just a little bit ago... sorry LOL)
    Attached Images

danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2008, 04:38 PM
    I would contact your pediatrician if she is uncomfortable or if any other symptoms develop.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 5, 2008, 04:44 PM
    But you do have mosquitoes that are as big as hummingbirds. Could this be a mosquito bite?

Sep 5, 2008, 04:51 PM
    LOL yes we do... but out of the 20 bites on this poor kiddo...

Her hand is swollen... every other bite looks like a skeeter bite... (no way around getting them here)

And I don't know if it is clear in the pic... but it's all red even the underside of her wrist.
    Expert

Sep 5, 2008, 04:54 PM
    I saw that. I used to live in Wasilla and Anchorage, got mosquito bites all the time.

Does it itch her? Burn? Looks like the squito just got a sensitive spot. Soak it in cold water, if you have Absorbine JR, this works well with Alaska squitos too.

Sep 5, 2008, 04:56 PM
    Ty will try that...

I have a huge reaction to mosquito bites... maybe she's just getting sensitive too...
    Expert

Sep 5, 2008, 04:57 PM
    Some parts of the body are more sensitive than others.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog bite [ 4 Answers ]

Our dog ran out after another person's dog when walking by our house. The man put his hand in the way and our dog snagged his left index finger, was very minor. Anyway the man went to the hospital and hand 1 stitch and submitted the bill to his insurance. He wrote us a letter and told us that if...

I think my bite is off [ 1 Answers ]

I just resently had an upper and lower partial plate and I think my bite could be off I;m having headaches and not feeling real well How would I know if my bite is off Thanks Anne

If bite is off can it be bad [ 4 Answers ]

I had a crown pop off. The dentists recementated it and now my bite is off. I have already gone back once and he shaved and shaved and shaved. It's better but still not perfect should let it go or can it do damage to my jaw?

Dog bite [ 7 Answers ]

My dog is a black lab she is full grown and she weighs about 70 pounds. She will not jump the fence unless someone calls her over. The fence is 4 feet tall. The cop came and said my dog bit a young child(10-12 years of age) she didn't break the skin or even leave a mark. Yet my dog was on our...

Bad Bite [ 3 Answers ]

I went to see a dentist about crowns that needed to be done but mostly about Porclian veneers for cosmetic reasons. He told me I needed to have orthodontic work (braces done) before the other work would be successful. My bite is off. Has any one else been told this as well. I know our cases are...

View more questions Search