Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrittanyOllah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2010, 09:02 AM
    Wireless connection connected but can't connect to the internet.
    I haven't downloaded anything recently and I'm using all the same programs. But I get a 'the page cannot be displayed' message when I try accessing internet explorer. I am really worried, and would be so glad if you could help me out. Thanks,
    Britt:)
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2010, 07:36 PM
    First try unplugging and plugging in your router and modem. Also try restarting your PC.

What operating system do you have? Does it work if you wire it directly to your router? What kind of router do you have and how is it configured?
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Nov 19, 2010, 04:38 PM

Make sure proxy is set to automatically detect settings.

Open INTERNET EXPLORER > TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > CONNECTIONS > LAN SETTINGS

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless connection connected but can't connect to the internet [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I just hooked up a Linksys wireless router to my PC, and I have a connection on my laptop, but I get a "the page cannot be displayed" message when I try to connect to the internet. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks!

Connected to wireless network, but can't get on the internet [ 4 Answers ]

I am from the US and I'm currently studying in Spain and on the roof of my house here, I have a very strong connection to a wireless network that is titled, "wireless". It is not locked and doesn't not require any kind of password and I connect right away without it saying that I have limited or...

Unable To Connect, Yet Internet is Connected [ 1 Answers ]

Note: I have Windows Vista & snippets kthx. c: ] Okay, so this problem has been up since last night. I was watching a movie and after I finished, I forgot to take out the disk (a mistake on my part), and downloaded shock wave player for this website. Well the thing never downloaded...

Connected to wireless router but no internet [ 2 Answers ]

I am running windows XP home on my notebook. My wife's desktop is connected through the router via and eithernet cable. I can see and connect to the router, but cannot get internet. I keep getting the work offline screen. Please Help. Michael

Sometimes I can't get connect to the internet even though I'm connected? [ 2 Answers ]

I have two connection questions for two different wireless connections. I have a couple of internet connections I use and but sometimes I connect to one and it shows me connected but the packets are not receiving? They are sent but not receiving. I believe that is the problem with that...

View more questions Search