Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mafbluesnrock Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Connected to wireless router but no internet
    I am running windows XP home on my notebook. My wife's desktop is connected through the router via and eithernet cable. I can see and connect to the router, but cannot get internet. I keep getting the work offline screen. Please Help.

Michael
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Sep 10, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Presuming the desktop computer is able to connect to the Internet...

Are you connected via cable, or wirelesly?

If you connect your laptop via Ethernet cable, will it connect to the Internet?
    Christopher_amatulli Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Sep 11, 2007, 05:11 AM
    Check to see if you received DNS servers on your workstation...

Open a command prompt, and type ipconfig
    The IP address listed their should be on the same subnet as the router as well..
    Check if the DNS servers are listed
    Try to ping a website to see if it resolves (ping Google)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why can't I get internet connect through my wireless router? [ 6 Answers ]

I am on my 3rd router trying to solve this problem originally thinking it was the brand of router. I now have a netgear router and I am trying to run it on Windows XP system, the problem is this: once inserting the program cd into the desktop and loading it up I have went through all the prompts...

Wireless connection connected but can't connect to the internet [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I just hooked up a Linksys wireless router to my PC, and I have a connection on my laptop, but I get a "the page cannot be displayed" message when I try to connect to the internet. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks!

Connected to wireless network, but can't get on the internet [ 4 Answers ]

I am from the US and I'm currently studying in Spain and on the roof of my house here, I have a very strong connection to a wireless network that is titled, "wireless". It is not locked and doesn't not require any kind of password and I connect right away without it saying that I have limited or...

Wireless network not connected [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I connected my Gateway system to router through wireless adopter It worked fine for some time Once the system was shutdown suddenly (switch off) After that I could not connect to network I am getting the following error message when I click refresh network list "Make sure the...

View more questions Search