Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vmasc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2010, 08:19 AM
    Trying to install a RTH2310 Honeywell Programmable Thermostat
    I only have 2 wires coming from the wall, one was labeled R5 and one 4 on the old wall plate. The manual shows connecting more. Do I have to run more wiring?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2010, 09:48 AM
    2 wires are heat only. Is this what you have? Your instruction manual should show you heat only and heat/air hookups. I believe red and white are heat only.
    vmasc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2010, 11:59 AM
    Yes, that is what I have, one red, one white wire. But the manual shows connections with wires that are labeled Rh Rc W Y G, and then it's says if they don't match then next connection it shows is C R Rc W Y G. So should I just hook the red wire to R and the white one to W?

Thank you.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2010, 04:05 PM
    Red goes to RH and White goes to White. From the manual I saw, you need to remove the red jumper that is between RC and RH. Should work. Hope this helps. Brian

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

White Rogers Thermostat to a Honeywell RTH2310 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a old white rogers thermostat and trying to hook it to a Honeywell RTH2310. When I have taken the cover off my old thermostat it only has 4 wires. The diagram for the Honeywell shows a 5 Wire. I have Blue, White, Yellow and Gray

New Honeywell RTH2310 Thermostat and my heat and ac does not work, any help? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I went and bought the Honeywell RTH2310 which according to the Honeywll tech is compatible for my ac/heat unit. I have a 3 zone forced air unit and now when I turn the heat setting on the boiler does not turn on, and also the a/c unit does not turn on when I set the thermostat to cool. My other...

Honeywell programmable thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat's display is showing - AC and the heat will not come on, I removed it and replaced the batteries to no avail? What can I do to get the heat to work again? It is 40 degree's here

View more questions Search