Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    m.g.abdelnasser Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2010, 05:44 PM
    My CD Drive won't read CDs
    I know this is a repeated questions and was asked tons of times but I need the answer
    My laptop is HP Pavilion dv7 at first it used to read cds and I used it to install an anti virus .But , recently it doesn't do its job any more and when I put cd at first strange noise not usual reading cd noise , autoplay appears and nothing in the cd I tried tons of times but nothing happened and of course it doesn't burn CDs and when I try it says you should update ypur firmware but I don't know...
    Jypsie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2010, 07:43 PM
    I read on another forum of Q&A that you can update the firmware from some sites. I am sorry I don't remember where I read it or where to update it but I am sure if you type your question into Google you will find your answer. Ask it where you can update your firmware for your cd drive. I hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CD drive won't read CDs. [ 3 Answers ]

It was working fine all day today until I put in a newly burnt CD-R (burnt on another computer, by the way, this one is just a plain cdrom drive), a CD-R which seems to have been faulty (if that's possible). This CD had nothing but video files (no audio), but when I put it into the computer Windows...

CD Drive won't read CDs [ 4 Answers ]

It just won't run my reinstallation DVD disc, It seems that it wants to, but then it does not open and lt refuses to read. I have had the problem for a while but It never really bothered me. But that Ineed to a complete clean recovery due to the upgrade of Window 7, whice is recommended. However it...

My CD drive won't read CDs [ 1 Answers ]

I looked for an answer online and asked the HP tech support, I couldn't find anything online, and the HP support wanted to sell me a new one, so now I found this website and could use some help. My CD drive has had a lot of trouble opening and closing, after awhile it wouldn't burn CDs, but just...

Cd drive will not read CDs [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I recently went to install Hellgate : London but my CD drive won't read the disk, saying there is an empty disk in the drive, asking me if I want to format it. Please help, this problem is very annoying :(

My CD Drive won't read CDs! [ 28 Answers ]

It just won't run any discs, It opens and closes, but refuses to read. I have had the problem for a while but It never really bothered me... Until I just tried to install Morrowind. Now it's personal, and needs to be fixed. My parents will not do anything about it because "it doesn't concern them,...

View more questions Search