Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frustrated773 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2010, 07:45 PM
    How do I collect a refund after 6 months that a retailer refuses to give?
    Retailer in another state refused to refund a returned item. Misleading emails led me to believe he would refund. Never did. Now 6 months have gone by. Credit company will not refund after 90 days. Is there any legal action I can take to pursue this. It was only $29.99... but it is still my money.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 3, 2010, 10:48 AM

Did you actually return the item?

I would start by contacting customer service for your credit card. Even though the 90 days is past, they may be willing to help on your behalf. You can't withhold a payment at this point. But you can still dispute it, and perhaps win a credit back.

Here's some good info on how to escalate: How to dispute a credit card bill with a merchant

Nov 3, 2010, 02:54 PM
    I did contact my credit card company and they stated I had to report it within the 90 day period. They said there was absolutely nothing they could do. Thank you for your thoughts anyway.

Nov 3, 2010, 02:59 PM
    AND YES... I Actually Returned the Item.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 3, 2010, 03:00 PM

Yes you have a limited time to dispute a charge on your credit card. While of course you can try to sue them in small claims court, not sure they would even paid if you won.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 3, 2010, 03:10 PM

If they have a no-return policy then they should resend the item back to you, so at last you have that in exchange for your $29. Just curious - was this something you bought from a commercial retailer, or was it on eBay or Craigslist or the like?

Nov 4, 2010, 01:44 PM
    Comment on ebaines's post
    I bought it from a commercial retailer. They refuse to answer any emails. They do not have a no return policy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My daycare provider refuses to give me her Tax ID for my taxes, what can I do? [ 5 Answers ]

My son has been in a home daycare since April 2009, she is funded through the State, I pay her $6 an hour cash. I have spent approx $2500 in childcare expenses. I am a single mother who receives no help from the father. I really need to write off my daycare expenses but the provider refuses to give...

Trying to collect rent from ex-boyfriend who moved out 2 months ago [ 5 Answers ]

I signed a 1year lease for an apartment last October with my then boyfriend. We broke up in March and he first agreed to still help me pay the rent after he moved out since I had been paying most things for the previous months and we both signed the lease together, basically he offered to pay half...

Owner refuses to give back down payment [ 5 Answers ]

So I'm relatively new to the whole "real estate" and "business" world... but right after graduating, I decided to venture into buying a business. I did a lot of research, scoped out a lot of places, and finally found a restaurant. After a lot of meetings and paperwork involved, I finally gave...

If we give our house back to the bank when we surrender it, how can they collect? [ 3 Answers ]

Because theMarket has dropped SO bad, we are "upside down in our house verses our mortgages by $150,000. We can no longer afford to live here. If we give it back to the bank, what can they collect from us? We have no assets. We are both disabled with small children. Only lots of medical and...

Ex spouse refuses to give consent letter [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm planning a wedding out of the country and my x who has joint custody refuses to sign a consent letter he sees the kids once a year help!!

View more questions Search