Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kay123x Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2010, 06:37 AM
    What to no why do you think mum won't tell me about my dad?
    I have been asking about my dad every since I was 5 and now I'm nearly 17 and still want 2 no the truth I hear different things about him off my family but not enogth to find out who he is. What do I do can I have a DNA and they find out who it is that way or not?
    dhuber Posts: 73, Reputation: 21

Oct 16, 2010, 08:38 AM
    DNA is helpful when you have a man to test. There are many options that are more research based but you would still need a name. There are sites that help you trace your family tree or search for a person. With no information I think you are at the mercy of your family. You need to get your family to understand that this is important to you. Sometimes when women are mistreated (and I don't that this is the case) they feel resentful of any contact with the abusive partner. Often times the parent raising the child, often feels that they are protecting the child from heartache. Have a heart to heart with your mom and let her know it's important but that you are not choosing one parent over another.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2010, 02:53 PM

Sweetie, you can't have a DNA test unless you have a man (or men) to test.

There could be several reasons your mom won't tell you about your dad.
    * Your dad may not be a great person, or
    * Your dad may not want to have any relationship with you, or
    * maybe your mom really isn't sure who your dad is.

Hopefully one day your mom will be open and honest with you about it, but until she does, there's really not anything you can do.
    VRon1 Posts: 77, Reputation: 10

Nov 7, 2010, 01:12 PM
    Does you mom receive child support from him if so then she has legal papers with his name on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dad is cheating on my mum [ 5 Answers ]

I recently discovered hundreds of emails between my dad and another woman. Having a quick read of a few and its undeniable that they are having an affair with lots of chat about how much they love each other and at times10-20 emails a day. This woman lives in Slovakia and we live in the UK...

I hate my mum and dad [ 13 Answers ]

Hey everybody I hate my parents Don't be surprised Cause if you should be surprised then I hope u'll be because of my mum and dad So I'm 19 I have no boyfriend because I choose to not having one and to avoid problems with my parents I'm a good student I don't cause problems I'm home...

I want to know who my biological dad is but my mum won't tell me [ 1 Answers ]

I want to find my biological dad but my mum won't tell me and I have tried several times

My mum and dad might be getting a divoorce [ 4 Answers ]

My mum cheated in my dad. My dad kees on buying her flowers to prove that he loves her but she doesn't seem to buy him anything at all. I don't think she even loves him. I can't even look at my mum the same way I used to. Im only 12 and they might be getting a divorce. What do I do?

Why won't he tell him mum [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend is 27 and moved back with his mum and dad a while ago when he moved back to this town. We have been talking on the net for over 2 years but decided to formally meet about 5 months ago and have been dating since new years eve but I am worried that he doesn't think of our relationship as...

View more questions Search