Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Matt1321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 07:06 PM
    Why is she acting the way she is?
    My ex girlfriend broke up with me almost 3 months ago, and she has not tried to contact me ask me how I've been or nothing. Ive called her a about 3 times and she answered none of them. I texted her just a few as well and she gives me short answers she has turned into like I've done something wrong she has been hateful to every text and I replied as sweet as possible I have not really bothered her or went on a crazy calling and texting craze I've given her plenty of space, I have never cheated on her or hurt in any way to be treated so cruel. We dated for 2 and half years and its just like all of a sudden she just decided to change and never speak to me again. I have asked friends and everyone how someone could just drop you off the face of the earth and not talk again but no one knows why she is acting this way. I thought there was another guy but as far as I know she is not looking to hook up with anyone. The last time we texted she had my TV at her college so I was nice about it and asked her to bring in it next time she came home. Well on the day she was coming in I asked if we could just talk and maybe at least give me some closure but she was once again cruel and said there is nothing to talk about and nothing is going to change. But she finally agreed to meet that night so I texted her later that night and asked if we were still meeting and she told me " Im drunk so im going to go with no" That truly broke my heart that she would just care so little. I was mad and told her to stay out of my life and I wanted nothing to do with her. That was two weeks ago and I thought maybe that she would at least apologise but I guess I don't get the luxury of those answers. In the past three months I've really worked on myself and have gotten closer to God and I've been exercising everday to get my mind at ease, I have a great new job and I'm doing all right in that sense but after all the progress I've made she is still missing in my heart so if anyone reads this I would like to know why she won't give me time of the day, 2 and half years seems important to me and I feel that after that amount of time she would at least be nice about ending it if that is really what she wants, Or should I just give her some more time to figure out things. I just don't know I'm just totally in the dark about the situation.
    awayandalone Posts: 92, Reputation: 32

Oct 13, 2010, 11:26 PM
    Hey man I don't really have an answer for you because I am about in the same boat that you are. Me and my girl dated for almost 2 years she was serious about wanting to marry me after I returned from my internship. But then after 2 months of seriously considering getting engaged a week after she saw me last she completely 180'd on me. I know where your at in heart break. Although it sounds like you handled it better than I have. But I have gotten the same thing, sent her a long sweet email that she responded to with about a 20 min crappy cold response. Has never contacted me first and when we do talk she was just cold and said I'm not worth it anymore. In my situation I think its because I'm away, and for you I wish I knew more to say.

The best I can say that is starting to help me is continue with NC, sounds dumb and its not easy but accept that she is gone. I too have been excerising and getting closer to god as well and really that is all we can do at this point. That and know that time is on our side. This site is a great place to vent and if you need someone who's going through a similar situation id be happy to talk to you more man. Always good to have a close ring of friends and support, that's the one thing I've learned.
    andy183 Posts: 5, Reputation: 4

Oct 14, 2010, 03:25 AM
    You got to let it be. Time to move on, you should be doing the same thing. Get her off your head, forget her. It's not easy, but you have to move on. If a relationship was to ever start again, it will be new one and a different one. The last one has sailed and is done. You cannot relive the past. Stick to NC, but do it for you, not for her. This is for you to move on, you need to get her off. Start hobbies, work on things you like, meet new people, keep yourself busy. Most important rule: cut all contact! Delete her number, fb email, anything that gives you access to her.
    It's a bumpy road but light awaits the otherside.. good luck!
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2010, 05:50 AM

No one here knows what's going on in her mind, but I get the impression there's a lot more to the story.

You make it sound like you had a great relationship and were happy one day and broke up the next. There really had to have been some clues that something was really wrong, especially since she no longer even wants to talk to you.

I am sorry about the breakup, but before you can move on you need to accept the reality of your situation. She broke up with you and it's over. Let reality sink in.

Stop harboring secret fantasies of getting back together, because she appears to have no interest at all.

Respect that this chapter of your life has closed and tell yourself that you're going to have to get over it and move on. It didn't work out and it probably wasn't meant to be. Accept that fact, stop contacting her entirely, and move on.
    datingcoach Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2011, 12:33 AM
    There are many reasons a girl is acting the way she is and there are no easy answers. Since both of you has broke up I'm sorry to say that you should forget her and you have to concentrate on how to recover fast. Trying to get her back is not a good idea because she already indicated that she is not interested. Even if she will come back to you there is a strong possibility that both of you will end up parting ways again and that will cause more heartaches for you.

Hoping this would help you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help with Acting [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there, I was wondering if someone could help me. At the moment I'm studying computers but for the last 4-5 months I have been really interested in becoming an actor. Where I live there isn't many acting classes, I don't no what to do. How do I get into the business? I have no experience in...

Why am I acting like this? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so me and my girlfriend moved to another city on the other side of the country, She has one friend here and I have a bunch from previous cities. Since being here I have slowly became a . My girl friend is a sweet heart, she's really trust worthy and honest. When hangin out with my friends I...

Why is he acting like this? [ 3 Answers ]

I use to like this guy who has never had a girlfriend or kissed a girl before. He did some things to suggest he liked me, and I don’t think it was wishful thinking, others agreed just thought he was shy. His friends found out or figured it out and meddled without asking me and told him Ive liked...

Why is he acting like this? [ 1 Answers ]

One night this guy and I flirted while tipsy. I happen to have a huge crush on him and have trouble acting like myself around him. Hes never had a girlfriend or kissed a girl. He did flirt with me and our friends encouraged it, and some people (including ones who didn’t know about my crush) said I...

View more questions Search