Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ant123253 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2006, 05:24 PM
    Pomeranian Toilet Training
    I have a 6 month old pomeranian, when she needs to do a number 1 or 2 she won't go down to the grass she does in on the back verandah in front of the door. How can I teach her to do it on the grass which is down the stairs from the verandah?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2006, 08:35 PM
    Try taking her out on leash and leading her to where you would like her to use. If she doesn't do anything, walk her around a little. If walking around a little doesn't do it, walk her around a lot. Eventually she won't be able to hold it any longer. Then praise her. Rave about what a good dog she is. Maybe give her a treat. Several repetitions of it should show her it is what pleases you. It may go best the first thing in the morning when she needs to go.

You may want to check the sticky on housebreaking too.
    KHINKLE Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Mar 14, 2007, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ant123253
    I have a 6 month old pomeranian, when she needs to do a number 1 or 2 she wont go down to the grass she does in on the back verandah infront of the door. How can i teach her to do it on the grass which is down the stairs from the verandah?
    You need to physically lead her to where you want her to go. When she does her #1 and 2 make sure that you praise her. I have a 6 month male, which is harder to train that a female. Or you can crate her to where you want her to go and then make her walk back in the house after.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Jack Russell toilet training! [ 6 Answers ]

We have a jack russell who we "adopted" from a lady who kept him in a small flat. He wasn't toilet trained and he just will not learn! We leave paper on the floor, take him for regular walks, and we've even tried leaving the back door open at night (our german shepherd would scare off any would-be...

How do I train my 5 month old Pomeranian not to go potty in the house? [ 2 Answers ]

A quick remedy for teaching my 5 month old Pomeranian, not to go potty in the house. I just bought him 2 days ago.

Overweight Pomeranian [ 4 Answers ]

Am caring for a neighbor's 5-year-old neutered male Pom. Vet told neighbor that dog is overweight. We need to know what dog's weight should be in order to use feeding charts to help dog loose the excess weight. Does anyone know how to determine this dog's ideal weight?

14 months female Pomeranian renal failure suspect ethylene glycol poison please HELP! [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 14 month old female pomeranian. She was fine two days ago. Then on Saturday, I notice she wasn't barking like she normally do. She wasn't eating. She drank but vomits it right out. On Sunday, she was shaking. The vet clinic was closed on the weekend, so today (Monday) I bought...

Training [ 2 Answers ]

I have a five year old lab and golden retriver mix. I have a problem with him listening to me outside. He listens good to commands inside but when I take him out or he breaks loose he will not come back to me. I have never hit or abused him . I don't know what to do about it. He knows what...

View more questions Search