Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steve burgess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2006, 09:04 AM
    adding an extra light
    I have a light fitting with 3x100 watt spotlights on a dimmer switch and all worked well. I have picked up power from this light fitting and added another wall light (2x40 watt bulbs). Now, both sets of lights work, but the dimmer does not. The lights are either on or off when I turn the dimmer switch. I am a bit concerned that this is not right and may overheat.
    Any help?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2006, 09:09 AM
    You now have a total load of 380 watts, if I understand you correctly, which should be fine, since the lowest wattage dimmer I know of is 600 watts.

Sounds as if the dimmer is now defective, and needs to be replaced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Extra long bleeding [ 3 Answers ]

I have been on my period now for 12 days. This has never happened before. The first 5 were heavy w/ a lot of clotting which isn't unusual and then it stopped for a day and has been bleeding again since. When I wipe now its light and watery but has some clear discharge w/ blood running through it....

Do fluorescent light consume extra power when turned on? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I've been having an ongoing debate with several people for quite a few years now over whether the "fluorescent startup myth" is true or not. The legend is that although fluo's consume less power than incandescents while running, fluo's consume a lot of power when you first start them up -...

Making extra backups [ 3 Answers ]

I found a website which explains how to make extra registry backups. A tool for retrieving these backups is included. It's a zipped batch file, with instructions which simply say to unzip it to the root directory. That's where I get confused. What part of the root directory does it go to? I...

Add extra light to one switch (UK) [ 1 Answers ]

I have a light switched with a normal one way light switch and want to loop in an extra light from the same switch. Do I just omit a switch wire on the extra lights rose after it's added to the circuit or must I loop it in slightly different?

About an extra ordinary person [ 2 Answers ]

My brother is in jail for public crime again. He will be there for sometime. He is 33 now and has been in severe drugs since he was 16 years old and creating havoc since then. He is very violent. At the age of 21 he went to Michigan, USA. He was jailed there many times, was an alcoholic, used drugs...

View more questions Search