Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seville Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Aug 24, 2010, 02:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    NO, absolutely not! As a matter of fact, stay off his facebook page.
    Hi Talaniman,

I can't help taking a peek every now and again! Its still very hard to stay no conatct!! I didn't talk to him yet on msn!
    Its kind of making me sick he's still in my thoughts especially at night and in the morning and its starting to bug me a lot but can't stop thinking of him. I even dream about him, last night I dreamt of him again:eek: I say it will pass but it doesn't?:confused still miss him a lot! What do you do when its been a long time but still there?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 24, 2010, 04:09 AM

Get busy with other things in your life, and give it more time. If you stay off Facebook you wouldn't be reinforcing those old thoughts, memories, and the old feeling can settle down.

We all know how hard it is, but constantly reminding yourself of that part of your past only keeps your feelings on the surface, and that does you no good, you're only hindering the healing process.
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Aug 24, 2010, 05:26 AM

It is easy for everyone to tell you to "move on". It is not easy for you to do it. I know how you feel. You think about this guy day and night, you don't think you will ever fall in love again, etc, etc. But the fact is ,eventually you will. As a matter of fact, you will do even better. I mean this guy can't seem to get it together. Hr doesn't deserve you. You're a teacher, he was an ilegal. Start dating again, only this time don't settle for less than you deserve. If you hear from him again, tell him that you would rather there was no contact with him anymore. Then you will start to heal.

Aug 26, 2010, 02:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by beachloverjohn View Post
    It is easy for everyone to tell you to "move on". It is not easy for you to do it. I know how you feel. You think about this guy day and night, you don't think you will ever fall in love again, etc, etc. But the fact is ,eventually you will. As a matter of fact, you will do even better. I mean this guy can't seem to get it together. Hr doesn't deserve you. You're a teacher, he was an ilegal. Start dating again, only this time don't settle for less than you deserve. If you hear from him again, tell him that you would rather there was no contact with him anymore. Then you will start to heal.
    Hi you!
    Thanks for your e-mail! My ex sent me a short email 2days ago, saying "you look nice on your fb profile photo"! I haven't yet replied but was going to just send back "thanks";)!
    Don't know why he sent that but obviously wants to keep contact!
    What's your opinion?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 26, 2010, 02:20 PM

I think you would be setting yourself up all over again by replying.
    That game has already been played and remember who lost.

Aug 26, 2010, 02:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by seville View Post
    Hi ya!
    Thanks for your e-mail! My ex sent me a short email 2days ago, saying "you look nice on your fb profile photo"! I haven't yet replied but was gonna just send back "thanks";)!
    Don't know why he sent that but obviously wants to keep contact!
    Whats your opinion?
    I think the sooner you start dating others the better off you will be. I'm not saying to jump into a relationship, just go out and start to feel good about yourself. This other relationship can only lead to heartache for you. I was once in love with someone and thought I could not live without her. When she broke up with me, I wanted to die. I thought I would never find someone like her again. After doing everything I could to keep her in my life, I finally gave up. Then I met someone else. She dumped me also after 4 months. I again thought I would never survive this. Finally I decided to start making myself happy, and stop relying on someone else to get me out of my depression. Now, even though I'm still miserable, I only have myself to blame for that. Another words, live for yourself, not your ex boyfriend

Aug 28, 2010, 03:05 AM
    I think the sooner you start dating others the better off you will be. I'm not saying to jump into a relationship, just go out and start to feel good about yourself. This other relationship can only lead to heartache for you. I was once in love with someone and thought i could not live without her. When she broke up with me, I wanted to die. I thought I would never find someone like her again. After doing everything i could to keep her in my life, I finally gave up. Then I met someone else. She dumped me also after 4 months. I again thought I would never survive this. Finally I decided to start amking myself happy, and stop relying on someone else to get me out of my depression. Now, even though I'm still miserable, I only have myself to blame for that. Another words, live for yourself, not your ex boyfriend
    Hello,
    I'm sorry to hear about your past relationships. If you still feel miserable maybe seek counselling until you feel better! Then everything will come together like puzzle and you will feel liberated as well as doing the things you enjoy and you will attract the right girl!
    I know I'm not in a good position to give advice with my background but I'm learning a lot from this board.
    Yesterday I went to the hairdressers to get my hair cut in a hotel private salon with just me and the hairdresser who was very cute indeed!:)
    We were talking about generale things while he was cutting and seemed very nice and interesting! He said I had nice eyes :o he also asked if I had any children and I said no, and he smiled! And I could feel a good connection with him! We were talking and laughing so much that he spent 2and1/2 hours styling my hair! Then his boss came in and said his next client had arrived and she's waiting! So he was a bit flustered and quickly finished with my hair! Before we left the salon we stared in to eachothers eyes, which seemed like hours! I could feel he wanted to ask me something but didn't! I was so taken a back that I didn't ask him for his number or anything!:eek:
    So he walked me out and to my surprise he put his arms out to say goodbye! I was so drawn to him that I gave him a kiss on the cheek and he did too and a quick hug! I wanted to just stay with him but his client was right there and his boss and she seemed annoyed that he was a bit late for the next client! He left and went in to back to the salon room to clean up! I paid and left him a tip, and went away out of the hotel and in to a park next to it.
    I felt those first feelings of being in love and was so mad :mad:for not asking him for his number I think he wanted to too but he was being professionnel and wasn't sure If I had a boyfriend! Or maybe he was just being nice to his client!
    So I thought maybe I could find him on fb but only have his first name! I decided to buy an envellope and but a little note in it with my number! I wrote on there thanks for the great haircut and if you'd like to go for a beer sometime my number is... I didn't feel the courage to go back to the actual salon, so I gave it to the receptionist in the hallway to bring it up to the hairdresser! Then I left, I really hope he gets it because you could never know if she did actually give it in to him:confused:
    Did I did the right thing? Sometimes you have to make things happen! Well I will see if he gets back to me! But if he doesn't I'll be wondering if he got the note or not? Or maybe not interested? I don't know any other way of contacting him? At the moment I will see but I am getting on with life and not waiting for him to get back to me!:)
    Any opinions everyone? beachloverjohn, Taliman, homegirl..
    Thanks guys!
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 28, 2010, 07:33 AM
    "I felt those first feelings of being in love and was so mad for not asking him for his "

First feelings of being in love, please don't go there. What you felt is attraction.
    It would be OK to go out if he calls, but don't try and make him the substitute and don't jump into anything out of loneliness.

Aug 28, 2010, 07:41 AM
    And by the way, every time you meet a new guy, doesn't mean you are in love. I think you fall inand out of love at the drop af a hat. You need to just date for awhile. Don't get so serious so fast. Sounds like you just like the idea of being in love, but anyone will do.

Aug 28, 2010, 07:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by seville View Post
    Hello,
    I'm sorry to hear about your past relationships. If you still feel miserable maybe seek counselling until you feel better! Then everything will come together like puzzle and you will feel liberated aswell as doing the things you enjoy and you will attract the right girl!
    I know I'm not in a good position to give advice with my background but I'm learning alot from this board.
    Yesterday I went to the hairdressers to get my hair cut in a hotel private salon with just me and the hairdresser who was very cute indeed!:)
    We were talking about generale things while he was cutting and seemed very nice and interesting! He said I had nice eyes :o he also asked if i had any children and I said no, and he smiled! and I could feel a good connection with him! We were talking and laughing so much that he spent 2and1/2 hours styling my hair! Then his boss came in and said his next client had arrived and shes waiting! So he was a bit flustered and quickly finished with my hair! Before we left the salon we stared in to eachothers eyes, which seemed like hours! I could feel he wanted to ask me something but didn't! I was so taken a back that i didn't ask him for his number or anything!:eek:
    So he walked me out and to my surprise he put his arms out to say goodbye! I was so drawn to him that I gave him a kiss on the cheek and he did too and a quick hug! I wanted to just stay with him but his client was right there and his boss and she seemed annoyed that he was a bit late for the next client! He left and went in to back to the salon room to clean up! I paid and left him a tip, and went away out of the hotel and in to a park next to it.
    I felt those first feelings of being in love and was so mad :mad:for not asking him for his number I think he wanted to too but he was being professionnel and wasn't sure If i had a boyfriend! Or maybe he was just being nice to his client!
    So I thought maybe I could find him on fb but only have his first name! I decided to buy an envellope and but a little note in it with my number! I wrote on there thanks for the great haircut and if you'd like to go for a beer sometime my number is... I didn't feel the courage to go back to the actual salon, so I gave it to the receptionist in the hallway to bring it up to the hairdresser! Then I left, I really hope he gets it because you could never know if she did actually give it in to him:confused:
    Did i did the right thing? sometimes you have to make things happen! Well I will see if he gets back to me! but if he doesn't I'll be wondering if he got the note or not? or maybe not interested? i don't know any other way of contacting him? at the moment i will see but i am getting on with life and not waiting for him to get back to me!:)
    Any opinions everyone? beachloverjohn, Taliman, homegirl....?
    Thanks guys!
    I know what I would do. You know his first name, you know where he works. So pick up the phone and call the salon. Leave a message for him to please call you. When he does, you tell him that you wanted to know if he got the note you sent. If he did, well no more needs to be said on your part. If not, tell him you enjoyed talking to him and ask him if he would like to meet for a cup of coffee. That's it. Then do no more. If he wants to see you again, he will tell you or call you when he is free. Do not jump into anther relationaship. Just casual dating first. YOU ARE NOT IN LOVE AGAIN. You don't even know him.. So giv e LOVE a rest.

Aug 28, 2010, 12:12 PM
    I know what I would do. You know his first name, you know where he works. So pick up the phone and call the salon. Leave a message for him to please call you. When he does, you tell him that you wanted to know if he got the note you sent. If he did, well no more needs to be said on your part. If not, tell him you enjoyed talking to him and ask him if he would like to meet for a cup of coffee. That's it. Then do no more. If he wants to see you again, he will tell you or call you when he is free. Do not jump into anther relationaship. Just casual dating first. YOU ARE NOT IN LOVE AGAIN. You don't even know him.. So giv e LOVE a rest.
    Hello,
    Thanks for your response. It will be difficult to call because its an office where they book reservations not at the salon, so he is never there so wouldn't be able to speak with him directly and wouldn't be very nice asking for him for a personal matter! I could always get someone to call to make an appointement and ask for his full name then and find him on fb!
    I'm really not jumping in at the deep end here it was just a feeling, who knows maybe I read in to it, I thought I would try and just go for a casual drink and have a laugh as we laughed so much, nothing more! As you say I don't know him, but even as a friend would be nice he was just so easy going! For all I know he could be gay in the salon company all the men working there are gay! But this guy was new and don't think he is!
    I just hope he didn't think I was too forward if he got the note? But I didn't see how else and wanted to give the note while the iron was hot!!
    We're in the 21centuary so why not make a move!
    Its not out of loneliness, I've been on my own almost all year now and I deserve to meet some new people at this stage!!
    Do you think it was up to him to do something while I was there? That's a bit oldfashioned and not professional!! So far nothing back from him, I'm not expecting any for at least end of next week! That's fine if he wasn't interested but if didn't get the note that's different!
    Appreciate your comments? :)

Seville

Aug 28, 2010, 12:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    "I felt those first feelings of being in love and was so mad for not asking him for his "

First feelings of being in love, please don't go there. What you felt is attraction.
    It would be OK to go out if he calls, but don't try and make him the substitute and don't jump into anything out of loneliness.
    It was a good feeling maybe not in love feelings just lust and attraction! I won't jump in to anything just friends!! That is, if he got the note and calls!
    You can be lonely and want to meet someone that's just human nature even if you are on your own.
    If I understand what you're saying, you must not feel lonely before dating?

Aug 28, 2010, 12:29 PM

I see nothing wrong with a woman making the first move. And it could be that he thinks it would have been unethical if he made a move on you. Honestly I think somehow you will find a way to get in touch with him. Try going back to the rceptionist and ask her if she gave him your messege. But don't obssess over this. You might be in for a big letdown.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 28, 2010, 12:30 PM

I understand you being lonely, I'm just saying don't talk love when you don't even know a person. Recognize it for what it is and use your head.
    You are still vulnerable so you really cannot afford to walk blindly into something.
    I'm just saying be careful

Aug 28, 2010, 12:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    I understand you being lonely, I'm just saying don't talk love when you don't even know a person. Recognize it for what it is and use your head.
    You are still vulnerable so you really cannot afford to walk blindly into something.
    I"m just saying be careful
    Yes you are right! I will take your advice with eyes wide open!
    Thanks!:)

Aug 28, 2010, 12:46 PM
    i see nothing wrong with a woman making the first move. And it could be that he thinks it would have been unethical if he made a move on you. Honestly I think somehow you will find a way to get in touch with him. Try going back to the rceptionist and ask her if she gave him your messege. But don't obssess over this. You might be in for a big letdown.
    Good! I'm glad you think it was a good idea! I don't feel comfortable going back to the receptionist, there's different people and different shifts so may not see the same person!I don't wan't to obssess over this! Maybe its destiny, if he didn't get the note and wasn't meant to be! On the other hand, It's a luxury hotel and don't see why the receptionist wouldn't give it in to the salon even if he was busy she could have left it with his boss!
    I think the alternatif is to get a friend to call and ask for his full name but not sure if they give out his name on the phone! O well it's a shame that I wasn't on the ball and asked him straight out!
    Time will tell!
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2010, 12:56 PM

Let yourself heal, before you get involved with someone else. You have come a long way and we want to see you completely ready for another relationsship.

Give yourself time and don't go into a relationship just because you're lonely.

Sep 2, 2010, 03:36 AM
    i see nothing wrong with a woman making the first move. And it could be that he thinks it would have been unethical if he made a move on you. Honestly I think somehow you will find a way to get in touch with him. Try going back to the rceptionist and ask her if she gave him your messege. But don't obssess over this. You might be in for a big letdown.
    Hello !
    Well its been over week and the guy didn't get back to me!! Either he didn't get the note or he's gay! But even so, I have some gay friends and go for drinks with them just as friends so I think he might have got back to me even if he wasn't interested!! I will have to wait till my next hair appointment to know:eek: but won't be for a long while!! :rolleyes:
    It's a shame, he really was flirting with me!! and I felt good vibes!!
    Any opinions appreciated!!
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2010, 04:41 AM

Gie it a little time!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 2, 2010, 04:56 AM

Don't dwell on perceived or real rejections. Just move to better options, and opportunities.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding it hard to take a deep breath [ 3 Answers ]

Hi can anyone help.. I am a 27 year old female, I exercise regularly and have a healthy diet. I find it very hard to take a deep breath, when I manage to breath deeply I get a stabbing pain in my heart. I also feel my heart beat is irregular for the past 2 days. I wake regularly to catch my...

I need help finding a book I read a while back... [ 0 Answers ]

I only remember a few parts in the book, I know its about a girl from Vietnam who comes to America, I remember a part in the book when she first drank soda,and a part when her father would come play with her and her brother when they would watch cartoons also I remember that her father had a...

He was pursuing me but then met his ex again.how do I get him to come back to me [ 3 Answers ]

Well I know this is different than most but my situation is that I met a guy on my job and he was pursuing me rather hard. But at the time I was playing hard to get, he came around all the time but I never gave him any indication that I was feeling him but I was. Just when I was about to tell him...

Turned modem off and back on, now desktop comp. Not finding the internet [ 9 Answers ]

I had a problem accessing the internet with my laptop, so I turned our modem off, then back on. Actually the laptop had a different issue, but it was a quick fix, and now my laptop can access the internet again (yay!). Unfortunately, now the desktop computer is not finding the internet (I cannot...

Finding it hard to breath [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have started having aproblem about 6 years ago I woke 1 night choking and finding it hard to breath.now it happens all difrent times specicerly after drinking or swolowing ichoke and find it hard to take a breth or breath out it last about 30 seconds but takes a few minets to get back to...

View more questions Search