Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    illinois1 Posts: 92, Reputation: 2

Sep 25, 2010, 03:51 PM
    Power window passenger side
    I have a 1997 Plymoth Grand Voager and if you put up both passenger and driver side windows at the same time the passenger side goes up really slow. If you put up just the passenger side window its slow in comparison to the driver side but not as slow as when putting up both windows. Could it be the motor or could it be getting less power for some reason and not making the motor work properly. How would I check to find the problem so I can fix it?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2010, 04:02 PM

With any electrical problem, start by removing and fully charging, or replacing, the battery. Most auto parts stores will test and charge batteries for free.

If the problem persists, check the regulated battery voltage:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1973613

The test may indicate that the alternator is marginal.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 26, 2010, 06:02 AM

The power window motors are probably getting the same battery voltage but one window motor is working harder than the other to do the same job.
    Begin by inspecting the track the window runs in. Make certain the track is fulling into the channel and relatively clean.
    With the window fully down, use a quality silicon lubricant spray with the straw attached and spray the lube directly into the window tracks, front and rear. Begin with the straw at the bottom and while spraying move upwards so the entire track get some lube. Work the window up and down a couple times to spread the lube around and compare the operations again. With any luck, you'll see major improvement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2005 Chevy Tahoe Passenger Power Windows and Both Power Seats not Working [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2005 Chevy Tahoe. The passenger side windows stopped working and both passenger and driver power seats stopped working. All of this happened at the same time. I saw this same problem posted by another user back in January but I didn't see a clear answer. Does anybody know how to fix...

Passenger side front door window fell off trackho [ 0 Answers ]

How do I fix the passenger front door window on a 2002 Ford Explorer that apparently fell off the track? The window will not go up all the way. How do I carefully remove the door panel?

2003 Chevy Tahoe Power Seats and Passenger window don't work [ 3 Answers ]

My power seats aren't working, all the windows besides the passenger work. I read about a problem with the ground under the driver seat, does any one have more information about where the ground wire is? I could not locate it.

Passenger power window will not move [ 2 Answers ]

Lowered the passenger window halfway down on my 93' Honda Accord and it will not go back up using either switch. I have checked the motor and it is okay. Checked the fuses and all are good. I even swaped fuses just in case I couldn't see a possible break, still no luck. I was able to raise the...

How do you put drivers side window (power) back on track? --- [ 1 Answers ]

Just got 1996 Pontiac Grand Am--need to fix window. Was told it is just off the track. Don't know for sure--any help would be apprecdiated.--- can get it up about halfway. Any help would be much apprecdiated.

View more questions Search