Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kel40 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2010, 03:41 PM
    honda civic no start/low spark tries to start
    2000 Honda Civic- Had installed used v-tech engine has new distributor, plugs, wires, cap. New clutch kit, ran great. About 3-4 days later had horrible miss, random miss. Changed crank sensor, still just cranks. Numerous testing on computer, ignition, distributor- all sensors working correctly. When cranking and run battery low- get spark on tester and tries to start. Only when battery goes low, with charger on it- no spark and no start. Ideas?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2010, 05:15 PM

. Remove and fully charge, or replace, the battery.

. Focus on the distributor, if the problem persists. Over 50% of new aftermarket distributors for Hondas don't work at AMHD. Only use a genuine Honda distributor housing--aftermarket igniters and coils are fine, however.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

'93 Honda Civic Cranks but won't start - No Spark [ 7 Answers ]

Was checking the car for a poor idling condition. Removed spark plug wire while engine was running, engine stalled and would not re-start. Replaced coil, ICM, plug wires, and spark plugs with parts from Pepboys - still no spark. After reading some things on here, I replaced the distributor...

1992 honda civic will not start and has no spark [ 6 Answers ]

My 1992 Honda civic turns over but will not start. I have pulled out a spark plug, grounded it and turned the engine over and no spark. I have checked the coil and it seems to be fine. Can you help?

1992 Honda Civic cranks but won't start. No spark! [ 11 Answers ]

My car died. It has no spark. I have changed the following parts to resolve this issue with no luck: Distributor(all internal parts are new)Coil, ICM, everything. ECM Main Relay I checked my MAP Sensor, and it is getting between 3 and 5 volts. I ran a jumper wire to get the codes out of my...

1989 Honda civic won't start! ( No SPark) [ 13 Answers ]

Hi everybody, My name is Leeboy! I am building or finished building a 1989 Honda civic entry level stock car for my girlfriend. I took all interior parts out( I left all the original wiring and harness for at this level we have to have lights and keep everything in original order) and installed a...

1996 Honda Civic Crank but won't start (no spark) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello There, What happen was the previous owner install two kill switch, one for the fuel pump and one for relay under the steering wheel. It wasn't wired neatly and my kids accidentally kick one of the wired and disconnected the fuel pump kill switch and that shut down the whole car while I was...

View more questions Search