Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abram Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2010, 11:10 AM
    Underage marriage but falsely stated
    I would like to know if the marriage is valid when the girl is 17 years old at the time of marriage but she indicated that she's 18 years old. The boy is 21 years old. The marriage is with consent of both parents
    abram Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2010, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by abram View Post
    I would like to know if the marriage is valid when the girl is 17 years old at the time of marriage but she indicated that shes 18 years old. The boy is 21 years old. The marriage is with consent of both parents
    Is the marriage null and void
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 11:15 AM

Abram,

Why did the young lady lie about her age when she had her families permission to wed?

Why was a 21 yr. old male dating a 17 yr. old girl?

What are you leaving out? Are you the male/husband in question and are you trying to get out of the marriage on a technicality?

More than likely, the marriage will stand as valid. Especially if the marriage was consummated (sex after marriage).
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 12:27 PM

What State is this in? Also when did you find out she was 17?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 02:20 PM

Cali -

I can't for a minute think that he did not know the young lady's age before marriage.

Otherwise, why would they seek the parent's permission?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 11, 2010, 02:25 PM

If the false statements were made on the marriage license it would probably be voided.

Donf has a good question. Why bother lying if the parents gave permission? So I don't think we are hearing the whole story.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Underage marriage. [ 11 Answers ]

Lets see, well I'm 15 years old and I have a boyfriend who's 17 about to be 18. We want to get married, so I was wondering if we can still get married even though he's 18?:confused:

Underage Marriage [ 3 Answers ]

A little background on the situation: My brother is 17 and married to a girl who is 20, my parents signed the papers for him to get married in the state of Indiana in Feb. this year - stupid, I know. Thing is, as expected, his wife asked for a divorce recently; unfortunately, she decided she...

Underage marriage [ 11 Answers ]

Okay Im 15 and my boyfriend is 23. I live in Indiana. I already have a kid. And I would like to know if there's a way we can get married without parent consent?

Underage marriage [ 19 Answers ]

I'm not sure what to say about this, but what do you others thoughts about marriage at a young age like around 18?

Underage Marriage [ 3 Answers ]

If both me and my girlfriend are seventeen is there anywhere we could go to get married without parental consent? Or if just my parents will consent?

View more questions Search