Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DisabledFlunky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2010, 05:30 PM
    Air conditioner blower motor how to know when bad?
    The air conditiner seems to short cycle even though the house is plenty hot. The air comes out nice and cool as low as 58f to 59f. When I was checking the unit the coil's seem to over cool when the fan shut off and the compreesor was still going. I turned the unit to fan only it would run for a short time then shut off 5 to 10 min sometimes less in the cycle. I touch the blower motor with hand it was very hot could burn if left on the motor for a period . I almost sure it's the blower moter after it went off I was holding the safe trip in so I let it out and pushed it back in and the motor tried to run but turned off quickly. If anyone thinks it maybe something else please advise. Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Air conditioner blower will not shut off [ 1 Answers ]

MY Homes ac blower will not shut off. The compressor is cycling as required. But, the blower motor will run continuous. I have changed the thermostat and the control board. I am not sure which direction to go from here.. Any Ideas Thanks in advance,

Central air conditioner blower [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, The blower of my Carrier WeatherMaker 8000VS is not working. I tried to turn on the air conditioner, and noticed the blower not powering on. Just under the twinning buss connector, there is a red LED which is constantly on when I try to turn the blower on manually. Do you believe...

Coleman Air Conditioner motor [ 4 Answers ]

The outside fan motor on my Coleman central airconditioner model BRCQ0361BOG quit. The bearings on it are bad. The motor is a Emerson model K55HXKWW-9825. Where can I get another motor. I tried Grainger, but the motor they sold me will not work. Any ideas?

Need to Replace GE Fan Motor for outside York air conditioner air conditioner [ 2 Answers ]

The motor model number is 5KCP39EG IT IS A HP 1/4, VOLT 208/230, rpm 1075, hz 60-50 pHASE 1. Are they making this motor anywhere? If so where? Thanks

Blower on Air Conditioner not working [ 1 Answers ]

The unit outside comes on and the fan turns, however in the house no heat or air is coming out. What is the problem?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.