Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wce1482 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2009, 04:32 PM
    Coleman Air Conditioner motor
    The outside fan motor on my Coleman central airconditioner model BRCQ0361BOG quit. The bearings on it are bad. The motor is a Emerson model K55HXKWW-9825. Where can I get another motor. I tried Grainger, but the motor they sold me will not work. Any ideas?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 9, 2009, 04:45 PM

I would contact coleman directly with model and seriel number of outside unit. They should be able to send you the correct motor.
    siberianair Posts: 360, Reputation: -4

Jul 9, 2009, 06:35 PM

Coleman might tell you to get it locally and the parts are usually available at a supply house. Unfortunately most supply houses require you to be a contractor.
    Why wouldn't the motor grainger sold you work? Did you pull the old motor and take it to them?

Jul 9, 2009, 08:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirlsdad77 View Post
    I would contact coleman directly with model and seriel number of outside unit. They should be able to send you the correct motor.
    I googled Coleman and their website did not have my model. Also, for some reason, my computer locked up whenever I went to their site.

Jul 9, 2009, 08:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by siberianair View Post
    coleman might tell you to get it locally and the parts are usually available at a supply house. unfortunatly most supply houses require you to be a contractor.
    why wouldnt the motor grainger sold you work? did you pull the old motor and take it to them?
    I did take the old moter with me when I went to Grainger. The old motor was made by Emerson and Grainger doesn't stock Emerson. They sold me an A.O. Smith motor that they said would be the same. However, the old moter had three wires going to it and the new motor only two. I tried wiring it up everyway I could with not luck. All three wires are hot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central air conditioner fan motor stops [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My central air conditioner works fine un till the fan motor outside starts to slow down and stop. What I do is to go outside to the fan motor and push the blades forward , while kicking the breaker on un till it starts to speed up again. Am I going to have to get a new motor and how...

Need to Replace GE Fan Motor for outside York air conditioner air conditioner [ 2 Answers ]

The motor model number is 5KCP39EG IT IS A HP 1/4, VOLT 208/230, rpm 1075, hz 60-50 pHASE 1. Are they making this motor anywhere? If so where? Thanks

Outside Air Conditioner Unit Runs When The Air Conditioner Is Switched Off [ 4 Answers ]

We bought a Panasonic split system inverter air conditioner (7.4kw) brand new over Christmas so it is only a couple of months old. We had it installed by a qualified air conditioner installer and everything works perfectly as it should. However we have noticed recently that when the air conditioner...

Combustion motor runs all the time on coleman furnise [ 2 Answers ]

I have a coleman furnise in a 2002 mobile home. Model DGAA056BDTA. Heating and air conditioning works good. The only way the combustion motor will shut off is with the breaker. I had to replace the motor because a bearing went out, and in the process I found a circuit board on the roof with the...

Benefit of bldc motor compare with pmsm motor or blac motor [ 1 Answers ]

in the name of god hi every body what is benefit of brush less dc motor and brush less ac motor. And when we use bldc and when blac? What is different of them? I know that bldcs have trapezial emf and blacs have sin emf.

View more questions Search