Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2010, 09:53 PM
    Anxiety
    Ok, certain symptoms and patients complaints with some doctors can be just immediately passed off without any further investigation. How do doctors really know if there is something else going on or not without further investigation?

Yes, anxiety can cause many physical symptoms but it can also be caused by other things.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2010, 12:38 AM
    Previous history with patient(hypochondria not withstanding)

This is kind of a vague question,is there a specific(say) post or thread where you can direct this to?Or is the from personal experiences?

Anxiety can cause physical reactions,yes,but from there I am a bit confused from your post,are you asking if the physical symptoms are being caused by something other than the anxiety?That the anxiety is produced because of the symptoms?

I am at a loss here,, help me please
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Sep 2, 2010, 02:57 AM
    Take charge. If you feel that symptoms, or ailments are not being caused entirely by anxiety, and your Doctor does, discuss treatment options, that may include further tests to rule out underlying issues.

I agree with KBC that a little more information will probably allow for more informed responses.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2010, 06:28 AM

Yes, please provide some further details.

It's a crying shame, but some doctors won't listen to your complaints and don't follow-up on your symptoms. If you have one of these doctors, you need to find a new one that listens to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anxiety [ 1 Answers ]

I don't have health insurance and I need help with my anxiety. Its become crippling. What should I do?

One with Anxiety [ 1 Answers ]

I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Anxiety. I find that often if someone, especially a parent when I was younger, doesn't want me to do something it is labeled as an obsession when its not. Othertimes when I do have an obsession I am scared to tell anyone out of fear of criticsm. I am a young...

Anxiety maybe? [ 7 Answers ]

My back hurts and chest hurts, so immediately I thought I was having a heart attack or something . I am not, I know that in my head.But my body says something different. I am not currently taking medicine for anxiety. I do not like the weight gain. My question is : should I start the medicine...

Anxiety [ 6 Answers ]

I'm male, 59 years old, exercise every other day for one hour on an elliptical trainer. I have an incredibly low resting pulse rate of only 45, and a resting BP of only 110/60. With numbers like these, you wouldn't think that I suffer from anxiety, but I do. I've tried listening to various CD...

Anxiety [ 2 Answers ]

Here I am at home again. I was invited to visit with a co-worker this weekend. I really want to go. I enjoy her company and we get along well at work. I didn't call. This happens all the time with me. There are so many things that I enjoy, people, church, friends, family, picnics, etc. At work, I...

View more questions Search