Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chicken456 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2010, 05:12 PM
    The trial balance of ABC Pte Ltd for the year ended 31 December 2009 is as follows:

$000s $000s
    Debits Credits
    Purchases 52,400
    Revenue 98,800
    Opening inventory (stock) 1 January 2009 2,800
    Distribution expenses (note vi) 6,300
    Administration expenses (note vii) 3,100
    Dividends received from investment in XYZ Pte Ltd 110
    Preference dividend paid 45
    Ordinary dividend paid 90
    Investment in XYZ Pte Ltd at cost 20,000
    Trade receivables (debtors) 2,400
    Trade payables (creditors) 2,040
    Land and Property at valuation (note ii) 40,000
    Plant and equipment at cost (note iii) 3,400
    Plant and equipment accumulated depreciation as at 1 January 2009 1,020
    Revaluation reserve 4,000
    Retained earnings as at 1 January 2009 3,600
    Ordinary share capital $1 shares 20,000
    5% preference shares $1 900
    8% Debentures (note iv) 4,000
    Bank and cash 3,905
    Bank interest paid 30
    ––––––– –––––––
    134,470 134,470
    ––––––– –––––––
    (Note that figures in the table above are in $000s.)

The following notes are applicable:
    (I) The inventory (stock) valuation as at 31 December 2009 is $3,100,000.
    (ii) The land and property is revalued annually. The last revaluation was 31 December
    2008. As at 31 December 2009 the land and property has not increased in value above its book value of $40,000,000. The property, which was valued at $30,000,000 as at 31 December 2008, is estimated to have a useful life of 30 years as from
    31 December 2008 and should be depreciated on a straight-line basis assuming no residual value. Depreciation is to be charged 60% to distribution expenses and 40% to administration expenses.
    (iii) Plant and equipment is to be depreciated at 10% per annum on a straight-line basis and charged 60% to distribution expenses and 40% to administration expenses.
    (iv) The interest on debentures for the year has not been paid and must be accrued.
    (v) Tax for the year ended 31 December 2009 is chargeable at 17% of profits for the year before receipt or payment of dividends.
    (vi) Included in distribution expenses is an amount of $80,000, which is a short term warehouse rental payment relating to the period 1 September 2009 to 30 April 2010.
    (vii) Insurance amount of $80,000 due for the year, chargeable to administration expenses, has not been paid or accounted for in the above trial balance as at 31 December 2009.

Required:

Prepare the income statement (profit and loss account) for the year ended 31 December 2009 and the balance sheet as at that date for ABC Pte Ltd in accordance with relevant International Accounting Standards (IASs).

(20 marks)
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2010, 09:28 PM

Please do not double post your question. I see you attempted to make it into columns; however; as you can see, columns don't work when it posts. If you will start "previewing" your posts first, you'll see what it will come out looking like so that you don't have to post over and over to find out. You can also edit within 24 hours, and if you have further things you'd like to post to a problem, you can add it to the same thread. That is, no need for a second thread, which just confuses the masses.

Also please see the homework guidelines:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...-b-u-font.html

Surely you've attempted at least some of this?
    chicken456 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2010, 11:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by morgaine300 View Post
    Please do not double post your question. I see you attempted to make it into columns; however; as you can see, columns don't work when it posts. If you will start "previewing" your posts first, you'll see what it will come out looking like so that you don't have to post over and over to find out. You can also edit within 24 hours, and if you have further things you'd like to post to a problem, you can add it to the same thread. That is, no need for a second thread, which just confuses the masses.

Also please see the homework guidelines:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...-b-u-font.html

Surely you've attempted at least some of this?
    It is why sometimes we want get the whole picture and quick learn in a strict time ~
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2010, 02:48 AM

I have no idea what you mean by that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PLEASE help me create an unadjusted trial balance and an adjusted balance? [ 1 Answers ]

PLEASE help me create an unadjusted trial balance and an adjusted balance. Three friends opened a roller rink on October 1, 2008. The following transactions occurred during the first month. Oct 1. Received contribution of $22,000 from EACH three principal owners of the business in exchange...

Cannot figure out how to balance an unadjusted trial balance. [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to balance an unadjusted trial balance and I can't. I have been given the answer as to how much my totals should be, and my credits are right, but I cannot figure out where I went wrong on the debit side. I am over by $44. I have a transaction in the form of sales discounts for $44, but...

Unadjusted trial balance [ 1 Answers ]

Does Cost of merchandise sold go on the debit or credit side? Accumulated Depreciation debit or credit?

Help, Unadjusted Trial Balance [ 1 Answers ]

I CANNOT SEEM TO GET MY UNADJUSTED TRIAL BALANCE TO THE CHACK FIGURE 115107. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IM DOING WRONG? IVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS FOR A WEEK AND IM FRUSTRATED. I NEED A NEW SET OF EYES TO SEE WHERE IM MESSING UP. BEG BAL, LIFO INVENTORY, JOURNAL ENTRIES ARE INCLUDED. IF...

View more questions Search