Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    matuszak1993 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2010, 01:36 PM
    Can cold air returns be in the floor?
    We are taking out a wall between the livingroom and kitchen. Can the cold air return be put into the floor?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 26, 2010, 03:23 PM

Yes. Just make sure the return grill is sturdy enough to be walked on. Wall returns are ideal so things don't get dropped into return, but floor returns are allowed.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 26, 2010, 05:00 PM

Just like a hot air register can be in the floor. However, if you live where you mostly heat and rarely cool your hvac will be slightly less efficient than before.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold air returns are in the ceiling and cold air is coming down into the house [ 5 Answers ]

Cold air returns are in the ceiling and cold air is coming down into the house from the attic through the cold air returns. I have 3 return airs on the one side of the house one in each bedroom and on in the hallway. This side of the house is at least 10 degrees colder and the furnace runs longs...

Cold Air Returns [ 2 Answers ]

Our home is 30'x50' inside diameter. We have a kitchen, dining room and front room in a row with no dividing walls. We have three cold air returns, 1 in each area and the one in the front room blows down on my back in the winter when I sit on the couch. I wrote another site and the response was...

Cold air returns [ 2 Answers ]

My cold air returns ar located main floor on the floor below is insulated garage where furnace is located. New home however is it normal to feel cold air blow up through the returns whwn its windy out?

Cold Air Returns [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 900 sq ft ranch w/basement home that I am remodeling. The furnace is a propane forced air and is located down stairs. I had two cold air returns upstairs and have closed one of them off. This has not seemed to have hurt the heating/furnace at all. I do not have a cold air return from...

Cold Air Returns [ 1 Answers ]

We had a brand new home built by a local contractor and they did not put any cold air return vents in the basement? Is this OK?

View more questions Search