Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pumpkinslion Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2010, 01:46 PM
    Cannot connect to internet
    Wireless wlan 1350 dell inspiron. I see the taskbar icon flashing as connect to but internet explorer webpage cannot be displayed,please help. Not sure what going on. Wireless network status says; acquiring network address [firewalled], ip address is 0.0.0.0 automatic private address; I have tried everything,run[cdm or cmd [ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew and it says no operation can be performed on wireless network connection while it has its media disconnected,please help. I am presently using another computer cause my laptop is the above issues and cannot connect.what can I do to solve this issue,the laptop was given to me so I am new at all the settings,etc.thanks in advance
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 19, 2010, 01:48 PM

The fact that the IP is all zeros indicates the network adapter is not working. Are you trying to connect to your wireless router or what?
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Aug 19, 2010, 02:08 PM

Since it displays that your IP Address is 0.0.0.0 that means one of two things. Either your adapter doesn't work and you're not able to connect to whatever's dishing you IP's (I'm guessing a router) or second, your router isn't setup to do DHCP (which would make no sense unless you were messing with it because it's set to DHCP by default).

Can you get local only to login into your router interface and see iof DHCP is enabled. If so then it's a simple matter of your adapter not working. Do you have another means of connecting to the device in question?

Let Us know

Rick
    pumpkinslion Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2010, 12:11 AM
    Cannot connect [wireless issue
    Please help me with wireless issues,cannot connect to internet,says 1 or more network connections available then when I go to internet explorer [webpage cannot be displayed,working offline,please help, use dell wireless wlan 1350 [xp,dell inspiron
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2010, 08:11 AM

You may be connecting to the wrong network.

This can happen if there is a wrong setting saying to connect to a network that doesn't exist anymore.

Right click on Network Neighborhood and Click properties.

Right click on your wireless adapter and click "View Wireless Networks"

On the bottom, on the left click Advanced Settings.

(Are you using windows xp?)

Another box will pop up. Go to the second tab, "Wireless Networks."

You will see a list of Network names in a box titled "Preferred Networks," click each network and delete each one. Then exit all the boxes, and try to connect again.

I've also seen this happen if you are trying to connect to a secure network and your adapter doesn't support the encryption type.

Do other devices connect to the network wired or wireless without a problem?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet explorer won't connect to the internet [ 5 Answers ]

Internet explorer won't connect to the internet. I know that the connection is fine as Firefox works. I have cable broadband through a wireless connection. When I try to use Explorer it comes up with Internet explorer annot display the webpage. I have tried to look at other threads but can't seem...

Cannot connect to internet! [ 1 Answers ]

I just found this website and it looks very reliable! So I am hoping for the best! :) We have bought a Netgear Rangemax Next Wireless-N Router that we bought to connect all of our computers together. We have one desktop and two laptops. Our desktop and one laptop connect fine, but the Dell...

I can [ 1 Answers ]

Ok here is the deal... I have a laptop compaq and I have since 1 year and in the laptop I have wireless so I need to put on the wirless bottonn so I can have internet but the problem is... one day I was going to use my laptop and when I push the botton on it was still of the light up the bottom...

Cannot connect to the internet [ 3 Answers ]

When trying to connect to the internet the following error is displayed "dns is unable to resolve ip address".How is this overcome?

View more questions Search