Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChelleAynn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2010, 05:17 PM
    Florida state laws about child support for a non biological child
    My boyfriend was ordered to pay child support for his ex girlfriends child she told him they weren't his and he asked the judge for a DNA the judge in turn asked to mother if she wanted to do a DNA and she said no so the judge is denied his request and ordered the support. Isn't there something he can do?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 15, 2010, 05:53 PM

Did the boyfriend ever sign the birth certificate or an acknowledgment of paternity? Did he live with the girlfriend raising the child for a period?

How do you know the ex said the child wasn't his? How do you know what the judge said?

It's standard procedure for a court to order a paternity test when there is disputed paternity. So I don't find it credible that a judge would refuse one unless something else is going on here.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2010, 06:18 PM

First you don't just "ask" a judge, I will assume you mean he made a motion and filed it in court. And in court the judge refused his motion. So this first means that there is something to the story you are not telling ? Second it would mean he most likely does not have an attorney ? And final, so after the judge ruled against him, he could appeal if the judge did not follow procedure

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Florida child abandonment laws [ 1 Answers ]

I am the paternal grandmother of 2 boys who live with my daughter in law in Arizona, she moved back there after my son got out of prison, moved in and fathered 2 other children with another woman. My son and daughter in law are still legally married. I pay for my grandkids to stay with me every...

Is a biological mother responsible to repay child support to a non biological father [ 3 Answers ]

The mother of a child was in a relationship with 2 men at the same time, she became pregnant. She married one of the men who has raised the child as his own and now they are divorced and he pays child support. The other man has wanted to know for years (8) if he is the biological father but...

Can I be sued for child support for a step child according to NY state law? [ 6 Answers ]

Do I have to pay child support for a step child according to NY state law? :(

Child support questions state of Florida [ 3 Answers ]

My X-husband owes a few thousand dollars in child support, can I either lien his new house that has both his name and his new wife's name(which is a different last name) or I recently found out she deposited an inheritance in their joint account, can I freeze those assets and collect? thanks, MH

Child abandoment laws in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

My sister has two boys and was never married to the father. He moved about 4 hours away, but still lives in the state of Florida. He has not spoken to the boys in the last month and she is not sure if he ever will contact them since moving. She is considering moving to New York in the future and...

View more questions Search