Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jezzeka888 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2010, 12:18 AM
    New job, cute coworker, do you think he could be interested in me?
    I just started a new job and my first day I met a really cool guy. I'm 18, he's 24, he super outgoing and will talk to anyone but I got this feeling like he could have been attracted to me, or he could have just been being nice :/ He was showing me around the store, teaching me stuff and the whole time he was asking me questions about my personal life, what I'm interested in, my family, what I want to do after school, music I like etc. and we had a lot in common. Whenever he talked to me he would look me directly in the eye for a long time. When it was time to leave he asked when I would be working next and two days later (my second day of work) we didn't get to talk that much but when we did he totally remembered everything I told him I planned on doing on my days off and asked how it was. He's super cool and I really like him, I know its really early on but do you think there's any chance he sees me in a way other than just co workers?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 15, 2010, 12:25 AM

Sounds like a nice guy. Workplace relationships are never recommended though. They tend to cause friction among co-workers and problems should the two of you not end up getting along.

Also, you are moving WAY too fast with this. Do you even know whether he has a girlfriend?
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2010, 06:47 AM

It's hard to tell if he's interested in you romantically or if he's just being a nice co-worker. Some men are just friendlier than others.

I have to agree with J_9 - getting involved with someone you work with is a huge NO NO. Would you be prepared to have him as an EX-lover, working on projects, sitting in meetings?

Don't let a relationship get in the way of your job. Don't get involved!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 15, 2010, 06:59 AM

Guys and females are always interested in each other. That's the way nature planned it to keep the planet populated.

It would be dangerous though to worry about a new attraction, at a new job, before you learn an awful lot about both.

Sounds more like young girl, smitten with smooth, cute, older guy. You better take your time and be mature about this one, before you get carried away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't get this girl! Interested or not interested! [ 11 Answers ]

Hi there, I think I need some help on this one. I met 2 months ago a girl. She is studiyng away from home (in my city) and so she doesn´t know anyone except me and my friends. Suddenly I was spending my free time alone with her, we went out, lunch, dinner... all that type of things... and in...

A female coworker coworker and husband to friendly at his work [ 2 Answers ]

This female coworker sends him filthy jokes, flirts with him, he is saying things about our personal home time to her , she has called him and he her , she doesn't even come over to talk to him when I am around. I am sure there is something going on. What do you think?

Cute Coworker [ 1 Answers ]

There is this cute guy I work with that I would like to get to know but we never cross paths more then just a pass in the hallway. I would have never even thought of him but a coworker told me he had a mutual interest problem is he never looks my way never smiles nothing.. all I ever get is a...

Interested in coworker of mine [ 7 Answers ]

Hello everyone. Well here's the thing my coworker and I have recently started getting close to one another. We have been flirting constantly at work and have been texting one another outside of work more and more beyond the lines of just friendship because of the type of texts that were exchanged...

Cute Coworker [ 5 Answers ]

There is this cute guy I work with that I would like to get to know but we never cross paths more then just a pass in the hallway. I would have never even thought of him but a coworker told me he had a mutual interest problem is he never looks my way never smiles nothing.. all I ever get is a hi......

View more questions Search