Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lgoras Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2009, 12:49 PM
    Interested in coworker of mine
    Hello everyone. Well here's the thing my coworker and I have recently started getting close to one another. We have been flirting constantly at work and have been texting one another outside of work more and more beyond the lines of just friendship because of the type of texts that were exchanged between us two. That is all great and I'm really enjoying this as I find myself genuinely liking her however there is some complications she is a 4 years older than me as I'm 20 and she is 24. She also has a one year old but I'm really looking past that as it's not a big concern to me at the present moment. However I do notice she doesn't initiate our text conversations without me doing it first but she will keep txting and right away. My intentions basically are to progress further so what would be the best way about this whole thing or is there something's that should just be left alone
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Jul 7, 2009, 12:51 PM

Does she have a boyfriend or a husband?
    lgoras Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2009, 12:53 PM
    No she's single
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2009, 01:24 PM

Maybe ask her out for lunch.
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Jul 7, 2009, 01:26 PM

Well, now that you know she is single there shouldn't be a problem with pursuing. Especially if you like her. Ask her out on a date or something... the movies, out to eat.
    ElleWoods Posts: 9, Reputation: 4

Jul 7, 2009, 01:28 PM
    In my opinion, you never fish off your own pier.

I dated a guy I worked with and then we broke up. It was hell working around him, he was immature, so he told some of the other guys some untruth's about me. Luckily, one of the guys was just a friend and stood up for me.

Unless you aren't worried about being around her if you two break up, then that's a different story.

Flirting is one thing, dating another.

It's hard enough in these times to get a job, if you date and break up, who knows what could happen.

Make sure you think it through. Best of luck!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 01:45 PM

I wouldn't rush into anything with someone that's involved with my job. Simply because it can get mighty awkward. May I suggest a long friendship first, before getting too emotionally involved.

Then you will know what your dealing with a lot better. Maybe she is just a flirt, who knows. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, when it comes to workplace romance.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 02:06 PM

Yep, don't dip your pen in the company ink!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cute Coworker [ 1 Answers ]

There is this cute guy I work with that I would like to get to know but we never cross paths more then just a pass in the hallway. I would have never even thought of him but a coworker told me he had a mutual interest problem is he never looks my way never smiles nothing.. all I ever get is a...

What does my coworker want from me? [ 7 Answers ]

Please help! I have a coworker that has been sending mixed signals for about a year now. We were friends a few years ago then I left the company. I came back and now I am confused. I don't know what to think. When I was there initially, we were good friends and joked around a lot. He even...

I have a crush on a coworker but can't ask her out [ 9 Answers ]

There's this girl I work with that I find attractive and want to ask her out. The problem is she works a different shift than I do. I used to work with her on my shift than she transferred to a different shift. I sometimes see her when she is leaving and want to talk to her but I can't. We have...

She's mine all mine, song [ 1 Answers ]

It kind of an upbeat rock song and I'm not sure who sings it. Those are the only words I know lol

Should I ask out a coworker? [ 4 Answers ]

Over the last couple years I have become friends with a coworker (who is single). When he first started working here I was at the end of a relationship and not ready to explore new people. Now I'm ready to date again. I'm concerned that if I ask him out it could ruin a good working...

View more questions Search