Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gus_19 Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Aug 5, 2010, 10:56 PM
    JScript.dll error
    Family member's laptop (Compaq CQ50) was pretty much messed up with stuff downloaded on it. I went ahead to do a full reinstall of Windows XP with deleting the original partition and then formatting the hdd. Three different times during the initial install when Windows was copying files, I would get an error stating Windows could not copy the file "jscript.dll" I know a little bit about the file, but have never ran into this issue before. I've tried for the heck of it, to skip the file and finish the Windows install, but the install would not complete. I know it's not a bad disk, as the same one has been used in the past. Does anyone have any suggestions? Where/What can I try next?

If it's any help. Not sure if it was a virus etc... But one big error with the computer prior to the attempted reinstall was infected *.dll files.
    Gus_19 Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Aug 5, 2010, 11:00 PM

I actually got the file to install. Either scratched or damaged disc as it appears

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IE printing error: res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg error [ 15 Answers ]

I have seen about a dozen posts on different Web sites regarding this error. The most common fixes are related to an individual work station. We are experiencing this problem with our Web site and everyone accessing it is unable to print pages that are within frames. I tried the fixes on my...

Dll error [ 2 Answers ]

I keep getting a system\32\gzmrotate.dll error when booting up my computer, how can I get rid of this or fix it?

Failed installs, system restore and reregistering jscript.dll file [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all, I am need of help here. I have a two or three problems which seem to be linked to the same issue: registry files. Firstly my system restore calender applet is blank. I have followed the instructions on the windows web site but they fail miserably. Secondly I cannot install...

Dll error [ 2 Answers ]

When I try to install SP1 for IE6, I get this ie6wzd.exe error-Entry Point Not Found-"The procedure entry point CoInternetGetSession could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dll." I don't know how to make it right so that it will work.:confused:

Help!windows errors popping up... please help... error is in jscript.dll.HELP ME please [ 2 Answers ]

Help Please... windows Errors Keeps Popping Up Every Time I Try To Open Yahoo Games.. error Is In Jscript.dll.. what Does This Mean??

View more questions Search