Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cks04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 01:59 PM
    100amp blown fuses
    I am having a problem with blown fuses,restaurant has a 100 amp box just for a/c units
    But recently of the heat the fuses blown once all the a/v are on.
    Last year we have the same units but we did not have any problems at all.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Aug 4, 2010, 02:15 PM

This is in a restaurant?

Call and electrician or HVAC guy right away.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2010, 06:54 PM

I agree with Stan but you may be experiencing a "brownout" with lowered voltage in. In this case, if watts are the same, the amperage draw will go up. I would guess these are 240V or higher.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2010, 07:05 PM

Any number of causes. One such cause is a momentary power glitch and no anti-short cycling timer.

No random delays on start up.

And LOTS of other things.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blown fuses in furnace when turning on Central Air [ 6 Answers ]

Central Air - Goodman Furnace - Tappan Thermostat - Robertshaw (Programmable) I keep blowing a 3 Amp fuse that is located on a computer board inside of my furnace panel when turning on the Central Air unit. I've replaced the fuse and was able to run the furnace and the blowing fan just fine,...

Blown fuses [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 02 chevy silverado hd 4wd 6.6L.it keeps blowing fuses to the right turn signal,brake,and hazard lights. The left turn signal works fine as well as the running lights.all the bulbs are good and there don't seem to be any broken or frayed wires so how are these connected?

White-Rodgers Thermostat & Payne furnace - wiring - blown fuses [ 3 Answers ]

Over the summer my mechanical thermostat broke and I replaced it with a White-Rogers 1F78 (digital). I thought this was going to be easy, but in a long process of trial and error the furnace fuse blew several times. Finally we got the heater to work, but when we'd turn on the A/C, the fuse would...

Blown Fuses [ 3 Answers ]

Keep blowing fuel pump fuses and already changed the fuel pump relay, didn't solve the problem. 1995 Chevrolet Lumina 6.1 Car

View more questions Search