Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elizabeth. Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jul 18, 2010, 03:53 PM
    I have 2 questions about my puppy.! Help
    I have a 8 week old shih/maltese,
    He goes to bed around 10 and get up at 11.
    But durning the day he's really hyper, so I was wondering if that's too much sleep at night . But we are in potty training , so at 12 he gets up and goes potty, and 7 am. After he goes outside and goes potty, I let him run around for a min as a "good boy" :)
    We can't walk around the neighborhood yet because he doesn't have his last shot. We walk around the house and in the yard about 5 times a day , and he doesn't calm down. He plays with chew toys all day long. and loves them , so I don't know if its just him be in a puppy , or were getting too much sleep or he wants to play more.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2010, 05:44 PM

That's just him being a puppy. Puppies have tons of energy! Seems like you have a good routine.. just stick to it. Also when your ready, sign up for puppy classes. Teaching him obedience will help out with the energy levels during the day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Questions on general puppy info. [ 4 Answers ]

How old do puppies have to be to be dewormed? How old do they have to be to get their 1st needles? When can puppies come off milk? Or in my case milk repalcer? When do you start to cut a puppys nails? Is their a age? How old do you start to train puppies?

Questions on my pug puppy [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - my name is diana and I have a pug who is 2mths old, she is on baby food and milk but I would like to know what to feed her from this month and when can I give her her first bath?

A few questions about a 7 week old lab puppy [ 7 Answers ]

I'm pretty much convinced I have the cutest, best puppy ever. But I have a few questions. Everything I've read says that puppies will defecate in an hour or so after eating. I think my little girl holds hers in for as long as she possibly can because she doesn't go until several hours after...

Questions about my 5 mon old puppy [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 5 mon old American Bulldog. I had her out on her cable and she got eating by Mostquitos. So she was chewing on her legs to itch her self and on her head right in between her eyes. Now there is hair lost and scabs. What can I do or use to get the hair to grow back and for her to stop...

Sick puppy has Parvo... Questions... [ 2 Answers ]

Well my poor doggy for sure has Parvo and is in the hospital. I got the pet shop I bought him at to treat him. Apparently they are scared of the outbreak (and they didn't have him adequately vaccinated for a 12 week old puppy!) They were going to put him to sleep and refund my $250 for him...

View more questions Search