Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dianapinto Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2008, 04:50 AM
    Questions on my pug puppy
    Hi - my name is diana and I have a pug who is 2mths old, she is on baby food and milk but I would like to know what to feed her from this month and when can I give her her first bath?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2008, 11:21 AM

Your little puppy should not be on human baby food. It does not contain the proper nurtition or vitamins and minerals for a growing puppy. Please switch to a commercial puppy food, either wet or dry, that will give your little one the proper nutrition. You can bathe your puppy at anytime after birth with no ill effects.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2008, 04:05 PM

Hi, Diana!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this topic area so that it would get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

I do note that you've already received one fine answer above!

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Thanks!
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Sep 27, 2008, 11:38 AM

Puppies need puppy food, human babies need human baby food.

The best thing for you to do is to put the dog on a dry good quality puppy food. Try and stay away from dog foods bought at the grocery store and choose petless petshop type stores for the food. They have the largest supply of dog foods ever! (The grocery store only has a handful of choices... plus the quality is not as good). Ask the people at the petshop which puppy food is a good one and feel free to ask a ton of questions there. They are very helpful and will make your concerns go away...

Good luck. You're so lucky you have a baby dog!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy pining after death of puppy sister [ 1 Answers ]

In November I adopted two no determined breed puppies who were about 9 weeks old. Although they did not look alike, my feeling was they were siblings. WE have had several power outages in our area and despite having two gates barring my property the puppies were able to get out and sadly the...

Morkie puppy questions again! Lol [ 1 Answers ]

So I have somewhere to go this Sunday that I can not bring my almost(3) month old Morkie(yorkie/maltesepuppy... is it Ok if you leave him in a cage, with food and water? If yes... for how long Thanks

A few questions about a 7 week old lab puppy [ 7 Answers ]

I'm pretty much convinced I have the cutest, best puppy ever. But I have a few questions. Everything I've read says that puppies will defecate in an hour or so after eating. I think my little girl holds hers in for as long as she possibly can because she doesn't go until several hours after...

Questions about my 5 mon old puppy [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 5 mon old American Bulldog. I had her out on her cable and she got eating by Mostquitos. So she was chewing on her legs to itch her self and on her head right in between her eyes. Now there is hair lost and scabs. What can I do or use to get the hair to grow back and for her to stop...

Sick puppy has Parvo... Questions... [ 2 Answers ]

Well my poor doggy for sure has Parvo and is in the hospital. I got the pet shop I bought him at to treat him. Apparently they are scared of the outbreak (and they didn't have him adequately vaccinated for a 12 week old puppy!) They were going to put him to sleep and refund my $250 for him...

View more questions Search