Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2010, 06:46 AM
    The koolaid has reached it's expiration date in Europe
    The President of the European Commission Jose Manuel Barroso is concerned about the growing rift in the trans-atlantic alliance . Apparently President Obama is not living up to the hype he helped create in his pre-and post-election tours of Europe .Barroso is calling this a "missed opportunity ".

Things evidently came to a head at the G-20 meetings where the liberal states of Europe detailed their more "conservative " austerity plans while the President argued that they should double down on Keynesian spending .
    A German official ,concerned that the austerity measures will lead to demonstrations said...
    “If our austerity cuts lead to street demos, the protesters will be shouting out phrases they heard from Obama. How do you think that makes us feel?”

Barroso sounds regretful . But French President Nicolas Sarkozy didn't mince words .
    “Obama does not come from the same tradition as his predecessors. He is interested in Asia and Russia, not Europe. There is no sense of a privileged relationship. They seem to take us for granted sometimes.”

Nile Gardener of the UK Telegraph editorialized
    George W. Bush may not have been the most popular figure in Europe when he was president, but at least he was respected by European leaders, and feared by his enemies. In contrast Barack Obama is not only disliked abroad, but also increasingly isolated among America’s allies, and viewed as weak by America’s adversaries. So much for Obama’s boast of “restoring” America’s standing in the world.
    Europe falls out of love with Barack Obama – Telegraph Blogs

And that was my thought when I heard this yesterday. One of the big talking points in the last 2 campaigns was the phony charge that President Bush was a go it alone cowboy who disregarded , isolated ,and alienated many of this country’s longtime allies leaving our alliances in ruin.Part of the impetus for things like the Obama speech in front of the Victory Column in Berlin was to allegedly "repair " these long ignored alliances by telling them that America has not perfected itself....made our share of mistakes, and ...our actions around the world have not lived up to our best intentions.
    Turns out he was looking in a mirror when he looked at the words scrolling in TOTUS.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2010, 02:39 PM

Yup. Sounds like the EU is really catching on just who and what Obammy stands for... other than himself that is.

Now, when is the USA going to stand up and fight against this fraud and kick him off his "throne" and clap him in irons and put him in the bottom of the ship with the galley slaves rowing the boat? Who knows, it may be his first "real" job in his lifetime? Boat rower.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2010, 05:04 PM

Now, when is the USA going to stand up and fight against this fraud and kick him off his "throne" and clap him in irons and put him in the bottom of the ship with the galley slaves rowing the boat? Who knows, it may be his first "real" job in his lifetime? Boat rower.
    I really don't think you want to go there . I certainly don't .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vitamins expiration date [ 1 Answers ]

What is the shelf life of vitamins

Green card with no expiration date [ 2 Answers ]

My green card doesn't have an expiration date as I've had it so long. What happens if I use it to go from Canada to the US, will they take it from me? When are you required to get a new one?

Probation max date reached NH [ 6 Answers ]

Good morning I was placed on probation for 2yrs in the state of NH. The max date has come and gone. Will I be receiving paperwork from the probation officer?

Expiration date [ 4 Answers ]

Is it safe to take Darvocet up to a year after the expiration date?

View more questions Search