Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oz_oz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 12:42 PM
    I want to take away paternity rights from my child's father and father agrees
    I want to terminate paternity rights, my sons father does not pay child support & I am not seeking any. He has little or no involment in my sons life. How do we go about terminating paternity?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2010, 01:16 PM

Did you read this before you posted? It explains it all. Basically, you can't "take away" his rights.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...st-116098.html
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 28, 2010, 01:46 PM

At the top of many of our forums we have sticky notes with READ FIRST subjects. These threads contain information about frequently asked questions. An example is the one Judy linked you to.

Unless you are remarrying and your new husband wants to adopt you stand almost no chance of getting a TPR.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 28, 2010, 07:14 PM

And why does it matter,
    1. he is not using any of his "rights"
    2. you are not getting any child support now

So why do you care if his rights taken away.

But they can't really be taken away

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What rights does my sons father have to him if he established paternity [ 13 Answers ]

My sons father did not believe that my son was his when I got pregnant so we go a paternity test done which showed him that he was in fact the father. Well, he is so worked up that the test was positive that he says that he will get me back and I feel that he is so mad that he will try to do...

Does a father have more rights to a child than the child's aunt who has guardianship? [ 1 Answers ]

I just found out that I am the father of a 4 year old girl. The child has been living with her grandma (On the mothers side of course) for the last 3 years but when the grandma died about 6 months ago the child's aunt got the child. The mother rarely sees her and when she does its not more than a...

Revoke rights of father and change child's last name in Georgia [ 1 Answers ]

I had a son over 6 yrs. Ago. His father was an illegal alien and we were together at the child's birth. 61 months ago he left and has not contributed to his sons life at all. He called a few times in the first couple of years and the area code was Ft Worth, Tx. I have not heard from him in 2 or...

Does a paternity test give a father rights? [ 9 Answers ]

I have an 8 year old daughter and we had a paternity test when she was 2. I was told that having the paternity test wouldn't give him rights to her unless he took me to court to get them. He has never done this nor is his name on her birth certificate. I let him see her when he wants to which...

Paternity rights for the non paternal father [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé just had a baby. It was determined by a paternity test that the child is not my biological son! I spoke to an attorney briefly and was advised that even though my insurance paid for the pre natal visits, the delivery and post delivery aspects of the birth, that I have no legal rights to...

View more questions Search