Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ohmmm Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2010, 08:56 PM
    How come my guy friend keeps staring at me?
    So I recently met a dude who is 5 years older, he's cool and all. We talk a lot, he knows that I'm taken and he and his girl are having problems. The other day when we hung out my my other friend, who is a girl. I noticed that he kept staring at me, well it's like more of the feeling where you know that someone is staring at you. He laughs at everything I say, even though I don't think it's funny. He smiles at me a lot, and apparently stares at me a lot too, why?
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2010, 09:01 PM

Are you male or female?

Jun 26, 2010, 09:21 PM

Female
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2010, 09:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohmmm View Post
    female
    Maybe he has a crush on you.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2010, 01:07 AM

Could I ask what age you are?

If your 15/16 his intentions may not be good,you have a boyfriend,your taken. Leave it at that.
    ezraa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2010, 01:27 AM

If your under 18 then... icky!
    If your under 25 then I think he's stares are so Not charming. You don't seem to interested in him-I'd lose him quick. His girlfriend is looking for any excuse to dump him and you don't want to be it. He's just way too complicated!

Jun 27, 2010, 02:56 AM

I'm 16
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2010, 03:05 AM

He's 21,he has no business making goo goo eyes at you,he has nothing in common with your age group.

Ignore him,if he comes near you,tell him to back off,don't be on your own with him.

Jun 27, 2010, 03:33 AM

Well he's just a friend and I kind of have to spend time with him because he's in my band and all. He's innocent and all, I just don't get why he's looking at me all the time and not my friend
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2010, 03:40 AM

A 21 year old is not friends with a 16 year old,your in the same band,if his intentions are honorable,and he just wants to help improve the band,that's different.

If he is staring at you,and making you feel uncomforable,that's a different matter.

If he is being inappropriate,you can't ignore it.

Jun 27, 2010, 03:43 AM

I wouldn't really say it's uncomfortable, just awkward. Because he has a girlfriend, their kind of on a break, and he was feeling sad so I told him that people realize their mistakes while on break and make things better later on. I'm not sure if he took it the wrong way. Because I was saying that to make him feel better but if he thinks that I'm hinting him to hook up with me I don't know what to say
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2010, 03:48 AM

If he talks to you again about the matter,be clear that you are not interested in ANY sort of relationship with him.

I can undersatnd that the band is important to you,and its great to have an interest,however,maybe a band meeting is called for and a suggestion that no romantic relationships take place within the band,too avoid any problems.

If there is another band member there that you trust,that is in his age group,perhaps he/she could have a word with him.

The fact that your asking this question,makes me question if your mature enough to handle this kind of situation,its not a bad reflection on you,only that he has much more experience then you.

Jun 27, 2010, 03:53 AM

Normally when a much older dude hits on me I ask my friends for help. Problem is my friend barely knows this dude, and I'm the one who talks to everybody not just about band but other everyday things, just to not make things awkward and such, right now there's only 3 of us, there used to be another dude about his age but he left, can't really blame him. But I don't think he has the courage to tell me anyway so maybe I'll be fine until then?
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2010, 03:58 AM

If you are worried about it,tell an adult you trust,again,don't be on your own with him,and stay safe.

One other point,don't forget he has much more experience than you,he is going to know what to say,and do for you to trust him,and perhaps fall for him,you may be smart,but he will know how to get around that,I'm not saying he is a bad guy,just that from reading your posts,I would be remiss to advice anything but caution.

Jun 27, 2010, 05:21 AM

Well all right I'll be careful thanks :]
    mrshodges Posts: 208, Reputation: 34

Jun 27, 2010, 09:03 AM

I would say talk to him about it. Not completely alone make sure someone is near but not to close because this could be embarrising to one or both of you. Anything but a 16-17 yo for a 16 yo is bad news. If he has a girlfriend and is still interested in you, that doesn't say good things for him anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I go out with my guy friend? [ 2 Answers ]

I been knowing this dude since January and he is a really good friend. I have always known he wanted to go out with me and seen me as more than just a friend but I told him that all we can be is friends and he's been OK with that. We talk everyday in school and its so obvious he likes me but he's...

Does my best guy friend like me? [ 6 Answers ]

OK so I am totally in love with my best guy friend and I don't know if he likes me... along time ago he found out I liked him because I had a note on his contact the said secretly in <3 and he saqw it.. anyway I laughed it off but he didn't say anything about how he felt which could have been a...

My best friend and I really really like the same guy [ 63 Answers ]

My best friend and I really really like the same guy. Only thing is, I kind of told him not to flirt with me anymore because it was an online thing and we hadn't met. He had, however, met my friend. Well me and him met in person yesterday, and I have strong feelings for him, but my friend thinks...

Friend Likes Guy. Guy hates friend! [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, My best friend likes this guy right? All Well and Good? NO!! The Guy She Likes, thinks she's annoying and weird. The guy is like one of my closest friends, I could talk to him about it but my friend doesn't want me 2. She didn't want me to write this but I am because she needs advice! Any...

View more questions Search