Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dandemeyere Posts: 50, Reputation: 3

Jun 23, 2010, 08:35 AM
    How do I put the front license plate on a 2007 Honda Civic?
    I moved from Michigan to California and in Michigan it isn't required to have a front license plate. So after I registered my car at the DMV and received my front license plate, I quickly realized I had no way to mount it. I went to the local Honda dealer and bought the bracket, bolts and screws I needed but how do I put this on? There's no way to put my hand inside the front grill to hold the nut while I bolt in the bracket. Is there a special tool I can buy that can hold the nut in place while I put the bolt in?
    How do they do it at the dealerships?

Thanks!
    Dan
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2010, 08:44 AM

See if there are not little "nubs" protruding from the front bumper, where you can mount the plate. The nuts are often behind the nub--just use a nut driver to attach the plate with 10mm bolts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Honda civic 2001 window front passenger [ 4 Answers ]

Same Problem with my Honda 2001 Civic front passenger window. The fuse for that window blows right after replacing it. I tested the switch and it is definitely not a bad switch. Any help on why this window would be blowing the fuse and not working even though the switch is good?

92 Honda Civic Making a noise near front left tire [ 0 Answers ]

Last week I took a right hand turn and my car started making a noise. It sounded like I was dragging metal against the pavement. After turning onto another road the noise stopped. I figured it was just a piece of metal I had drug. Well, just the other day it started making the noise again. It...

2007 honda civic immobilizer [ 3 Answers ]

I just put my car key into the ignition and it came up showing the green immobilizer key indicator light and the battery and low pressure indicator lights, after retrying it for a 3rd time the green immobilizer light just flickers and goes off. A 4th and 5th attempt did not even start the ignition...

2007 honda civic can't get out of park [ 1 Answers ]

2007 honda civic won't start amd can't get out of 'park'. Lights flash, windows and horn work. Bad battery?

1996 Honda Civic front end lubrication [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to locate the lubrication points on the front end of my 1996 honda Civic. I can not seem to see any zerk fittings to add grease. Short of buying a Chilton's manual which on any other car that I have ever had has been very vague, I have had no luck finding this information. Thank you for...

View more questions Search