Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mgpierog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2010, 09:17 AM
    Maytag fridge (MTB1956DEW) problem - freezer frosting up, fridge not staying cold
    I have a Maytag fridge with top freezer. The model # is MTB1956DEW. Over the last week, my freezer continuously frosts up with lost of crystal ice on the back and top while at the same time the fridge section below is not staying cold at all. I really like this fridge and really don't want to have to buy another fridge. It is approx. 8 years old. Can anyone help with trying to solve this problem? Thanks.

Check out some similar questions!

Ge fridge freezer frozen fridge not cold [ 1 Answers ]

We took it apart and defrosted all the coils and it worked great for a week then the same thing happened again. I also replaced the gasket this week could it be from over stuffing or maybe the frost free is not working?

Fridge not staying cold all the time [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Danby Refrigerator # DFF8200W. Starting about a month ago I noticed it wasn't staying as cold inside as before. This went on for a week & then got cold again. A few days later it started to warm up inside again. Since then it has gone from cold to warm & back to cold again three...

Maytag side by side freezer frosting, fridge not cold [ 1 Answers ]

Our Maytag side by side fridge/freezer has begun malfunctioning in the last two days. The back of the freezer is frosting over and the fridge is not keeping cold. It is not producing any ice.

How to fix the frosting issue in my fridge(not freezer)? [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a 2nd hand fridge/freezer and it's about 10 years old. The fridge is on top and freezer is on bottom. The freezer works fine however I found frost was generated inside the fridge around the back wall and right corner. The door seal seems OK and the temp setting is not too low. Before frost...

Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator: fridge not cold, freezer is frosty! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I have a slightly over a year old Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator (model #: ABR1922FES). Yesterday, I noticed that the fridge wasn't as cold as it should be, so I turned the temp control cooler, and then, as per the owner's manual, waited 24 hours for it to kick in. It didn't....

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.