Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NoGoProb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2010, 01:19 PM
    Craftsman weed eater won't stay running
    I have a 2 yr old 25cc Craftsman POS weed eater. It starts on one pull and runs perfect for about 3 minutes, then boggs out. I have replaced fuel lines and filters, replaced the gas with a perfect mix, cleaned air filter, and stripped down and cleaned the carb fully. I am real close dumping it and buying an electric one. I saw several similar posts - is Craftsman just junk nowadays? Any ideas to salvage it?
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2010, 01:31 PM

How about the spark plug? Anyway, does Craftsman warranty their tools like that?
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2010, 07:23 PM

Sounds like it needs a new diaphram and gaskets installed in the carb and the carb mixture screws set
    But craftsman weedeaters are made by the cheapest bidder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weed Eater Lawnmower won't stay running [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Weed Eater Briggs and Staton 300 push mower. I've changed the spark plug and cleaned the Air Filter. Lawn mower will start but immediately shuts off. Any advice?

Poulan Weed eater won't stay running [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Poulan Weedeater Featherlite Plus that will not continue to run. It seems as though the tank gets pressurized and when I open the gas cap there is a surge of air into the tank. I don't know if this is supposed to happen or not. There are 2 tubes into the gas tank from the carburetor. One...

Weed Eater Feather Lite FL25 that won't stay running [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Weed Eater Feather Lite FL25 that won't stay running. I follow the instructions up to pulling the rope in half choke. It will start but will only run for 5-10 seconds. If I try to adjust the choke sooner then the 10 seconds they recommend the moter will stop.

Weed Eater will not stay running [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Weed Eater model GTI 19T that will not run longer than a few seconds. Any suggetions?

View more questions Search