Ask
    leah1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2010, 02:44 AM
    Problems with submersible pumps not turning off
    Pump not turning off even when system pressurised
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jun 18, 2010, 03:33 AM

How do you know the pump is not turning off?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2010, 05:29 AM

Pull the grey cover off the switch and check to see if the points are open or closed. If they are closed, and they would have to be for the pump to be on, then either the switch needs adjusting, needs replacing, or the little pipe leading the switch is clogged and needs cleaning/replacing.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 18, 2010, 06:29 AM

jlisenbe gave you top notch advice. Check that the contacts aren't welded shut and check the small tube from the pump to the control box isn't clogged.
    Either one would give you the problem that you have. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I hook up two submersible pumps from two separate wells to one tank? [ 22 Answers ]

I have two wells with two tanks. I have it set up so I can run each submersible pump separatly. Each pump has it's own pressure switch. I would like to remove the two tanks and replace them with one large tank. How do I set this up with both pumps going to one tank with one switch, and still run...

More Problems . Pressure Switch Submersible Well [ 5 Answers ]

Hi - My pressure switch is short cycling or rapid cycling. Basically the points in the pressure switch are cutting on and off at a very, very rapid pace. Something is sure to be damaged soon. I had a plumber out the other day, but it would not do it when he was here. The pressure switch is...

Circulating Pumps - submersible pumps - low efficiency [ 1 Answers ]

Hello people, Well I was selecting some hot water circulating pumps and submersible pumps, for a rather big project. I consulted GRUNDFOS (can't get bigger than that). For the hot water circulating pumps, Grundfos informed me that the best selection according to my (flow, head)...

Submersible Water pump Lag time in turning on [ 1 Answers ]

We have a manufactured home with an assume submersible pump as we cannot find another pump anywhere. Our water will run for several minutes but then stops and there is a few minute lag before the pump triggers to come on then the water flow returns. What is the problem and how do we solve it. ...

View more questions Search