Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blessedmom Posts: 104, Reputation: 6

Jun 17, 2010, 01:21 PM
    Does System Restore /Restore Drivers?
    Hi,

I was cleaning my computer so it can run better. I was removing programs and I removed Microsoft 2007. I only wanted to remove items I didn't use. I thought I would get an option before it finshed removing. There wasn't even a cancel button to click. I want word back. I have a CD but it isn't working. The computer isn't reading it so I tried it on another computer and it still wasn't reading it. Is there anything I can do. I clicked on System Restore and I see Microsoft but whenever I click on it It says preparing to install and then after while I get a box saying
    " This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package. Anyone have any thoughts on what I can do? Thank you!
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2010, 10:20 AM

System Restore doesn't restore programs well. It is hard to do because you have so many files and registry entries to keep track of.

Are you having trouble with the disk because it is scratched or damaged? You may be able to contact Microsoft and explain your situation and give them your Key. They may be willing to send you a replacement CD for shipping costs.

Are you getting error messages when it tries to install not due to the medium your are installing from? There may be remnants of the uninstalled program on your computer that are conflicting with your current attempt to install. You can usually get rid of these using a program like Perfect Uninstaller or RevoUninstaller. You also have the option of reinstalling the Operating System as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did a system restore [ 3 Answers ]

About a month ago, my computer sort of crashed. Got up one day and the computer just wouldn't boot up. So today I did a system restore and now when I go to sign in to web pages I get "Web Page cannot be displayed". I also can't download anything. The box pops up but it doesn't do anything, no...

System restore [ 2 Answers ]

I am having problems with my system restore. My compute will not allow me to do it said that it is shut off. But when I go to the place they tell me to and to hit the restore tab I don't have a restore tab. I can I fix this I am also having other problems every since I deleted mcafee from my...

System restore won't restore [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone help me to restore to earlier point, each time I try it goes through motions then say canot restore.:confused:

System restore - unable to restore [ 2 Answers ]

I have tried to use the system restore. It keeps coming back cannot be restored. I have created a date and then tried to restore and still says it is unable to restore. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search